Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
crazy stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: crazy stats Reply with quote

After 7 of 10 meets, take a look at these numbers. Our current top 10 participants consists of people who ranked the following after week 1:

4 of the top 10 were in the 80's after one meet! 5 of the remaining 6 were between 18 and 22 (I think that's called a pelaton Wink ... although the word doesn't seem to exist in the dictionary, so I'm not sure I spelled it correctly...).

#1 is gaining a little separation, but good battles are developing for 2/3/4/5 and 6/7.

Kudos to Graeme Hill for stopping the slide. Smile

Mauren Haggi (women's LJ) has to get the award for worst performance/points ratio, with a 1st and 2nd totaling only 206.53 points. Either we really screwed up the benchmark in the women's long jump (2nd place received no performance points in Zurich), or this year's performances have been awful...

And finally, Luke Puckett gets the award for sorest fanny. Wink Of course, Conway's had everyone but Maurice Greene from his team go on strike...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
graeme
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is kind of odd, but I guess it makes sense that particular people would be irregularily absent or present in the first meet.

Quote:
Kudos to Graeme Hill for stopping the slide

Thank you Smile I was very pleased that I actually moved up for once Smile
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: crazy stats Reply with quote

Dan wrote:

And finally, Luke Puckett gets the award for sorest fanny. Wink Of course, Conway's had everyone but Maurice Greene from his team go on strike...

Dan

THAT's putting it mildly ... I don't think I've ever seen so many quality athltes pack in for a whole season ... On the other hand there have beena alarge number of new faces cropping up on the scene !!! Looks like this is going to be (when all is said and done) one of those transition years where major changes take place ... Changing of the guard kind of year ... Which means that nexst years Worlds will probably look a lot different that last years if history lrepeats itself ...

Conway

p.s. -- But has thisbeen a hoot ????? Thumbs Up
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. We may well be seeing a changing of the guard. Could make Athens in '04 very interesting, as I'm sure most of the current elite will hold on for at least one more year. It would be nice to see some competitive scrapping for spots on the Oly team. Smile

I wonder if it would be worth the effort to pursue contacting IAAF and/or Golden League meet directors/web folk for next year to get a better feel for event criteria in advance? Maybe even try to work a more official tie-in between the events and the Fantasy T&F League? It's a long shot to be sure, but I had a responsive contact in the IAAF's media department at one point...

We definitely don't want another men's long jump face plant next year. Sad

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: