Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Indoor Season - 2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis the season !!! Almost anyway ... With the end of the cross country season next in line is the indoor track season ...

would seem that with no major championships this year, individual accolades would be the order of the day .. If that be the case, then the indoor season could serve as a "warm up" for many athletes looking for brighter things outdoors ..

I would look for Mo Greene to use the indoor season to show his fitness and take a shot at his own indoor 60 record .. Inger Miller would do well to have a good indoor season in preparation for her attempt to dethrone her highness Marion Jones .. Marion herself has committed to a new indoor competition circuit and I would suspect will be looking to show beter fitness than she did during most of last season ..

American colleges are interesting as there is a lot of talent that may get showcased during the indoor season .. Chief among them I am looking forward to seeing what young Justin Gatlin of Tennessee does .. Could be the beginning of his emergence as a force to be dealt with come the outdoor season ...

and hoping that perhaps an 800 runner will emerge for the US .. Is that asking too much ??

[ This Message was edited by: Conway on 2001-12-05 08:24 ]
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see the European Indoor Championships'2002 live!!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also means it's about time to take the Fantasy T&F League out for a test spin. Smile

I must admit, I don't get too caught up in Indoor speculation. Even seeing the start list isn't enough to give a good indication of who will be competing...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Dan the indoor season can be very exciting !! Shorter races ... Speed becomes a premium .. Front running becomes critical .. And in an "off year" the reigns come off ... Wink

True, drop outs are fairly common .. But those left in the race tend to really go at it ... And the sprints and hurdles get prime time fair ...

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Webb or Ritz have an indoor season planned ??? Could be an indication of what is in store outdoors if they do ... Would be nice to see Webb in an indoor mile ... He seems ot have the size ot pop a good one ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, the races themselves can be very exciting, but I've always been the type that has a hard time getting too into an event when I'm not familiar with the participants. Without the familiarity, I feel like I'm watching historical footage with no audio... Of the people that show up for the indoor meets, the only ones that get any coverage are the ones everyone already knows about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Webb run indoors, especially considering much of last season's huge breakthrough was set up by the big indoor mile earlier in the year.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: