Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Henry Rono's World Record Training

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Henry Rono's World Record Training Reply with quote

Henry Rono is making a comeback with his running and is in the second month of his training. He has been posting about this on another forum and has a lot of interest there but, for whatever reason, a lot of the messages have kept disappearing.

After emailing with Dan, I have recommended this forum to Henry and hopefully he will come here to keep posting about this training and also his interest helping others. In the meantime please let Henry know he will be welcome here, and without having his messages about training removed.

Thanks and all the best with your running.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of everyone here, welcome!

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be very exciting for everyone here. As one of the older posters here, and a native of Oregon, I had the opportunity to see Henry Rono run many times while he was at Washington State.

Paul

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
RonoRun
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Paul who saw me while I was in WSU Reply with quote

Paul,
I don't know how to use this forum yet,whom am i responding now?this one is a little bit complicted.I was using letsrun.com was much easier to respond to a specific audience,now this is very hard to tell who am talking to.Is it paul or Dan,
Anyhow iam
Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Henry,

This is J.R. You made it here, great. Now that you are signed in, just use the same link for this thread each time you come here. Anyone can see your messages here and respond, just like on the other forum, and the messages about training will stay here.
RonoRun
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: JR Reply with quote

Thank you JR,
I can see a lot better now.How do you use these funny faces on the left side?
I jus finish a long run that goes to the top of the mountains 8000 feet 122 minutes,feeling burning fires on the knees, I had light headaches,I felt a sleep when got home.I slept so deep.Now I got up heading to gym for knees weight strengh training,and sauna,swiming,and whirlpool.

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
I think those are runners.
The more messages you post then the more runners you get.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry, where are you located? 8000' makes my lungs burn just thinking about it.

The "funny faces" are probably referring to the emoticons (smilies) to the left of the box for posting messages. Click on one and it'll be inserted into your post to add a bit of meaning, like a wink when you're kidding around.

The runners to side of each post represent visually how many posts you've made, like John said.

You could type in a Subject for each message to indicate who you're responding to, but it's easier and clearer to use the Quote button to copy full posts or partial snips (ctrl-c for copy, ctrl-v for paste), like so:

Quote:
whom am i responding now?

Dan
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: JR Reply with quote

RonoRun wrote:
I just finish the 40 day of training.It is coming easier now,I did the weight knees caps training until I felt the feeling burning fires,calves were burning the same feelings,I was concentrating on two specifics areas.It made my body strong,I could walk up stairs easy.Sitting in sauna for twenty minutes,and do sit ups upto 1200 the body becoming flexable I can handle it and I am gaining more height from the ground,which means I'm standing on my toes.That is what I needed for the interval-work-out strength.Tomorrow.Once the angles are strong then I'am able to handle speed work and the progress of it.

Henry,

Do you do the sit ups every day, and any special way that you do them?

John
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some background info would help for those that haven't followed your previous threads at letsrun. Are you trying to replicate the training you did in your world class days, or are you devising a new plan to get you back to competitive shape? What all goes into the 40 days, and is that it for that plan or is it merely Phase I of something larger?

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the main letsrun thread, I believe, which includes the numerous lost posts (detailed on pg. 23):

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=1390583

And here's the continuation:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=1444899

Does that cover it for background info, or are there others I should be aware of?

Dan
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

That covers it, though most of Henry's and other's messages from those threads have been unfortunately removed, and new messages are still being removed.

Hopefully we can keep all Henry's new messages going on here. Smile
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please post and continue to do so ... This site is read by a lot of people ... Especially distance running sorts that would benefit greatly from your knowledge ... I followed your career as a youngster and am very intreagued to read about how you do it ... You were ahead of your time in many ways ... So it is very much appreciated that you are willing to share with others ... Thank you ...
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Henry. As a distance runner myself I look forward to reading your posts and having the opportunity to ask questions. It is going to be fun getting a chance to communicate with a distance legend.
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an update from Henry today:

"The mile record currently is 4:27 minutes or 4:25 minutes right?

On my phase II training the 11 days of phase II which 41 days total:30-days phase I.

I'm reading on my intervals,1 milex2:7:35,6:40 this morning,after climbing the hill for one hour.So I'm incorporating hills,long runs and intervals= to world record between now and five months or sooner.The weights still standing at 200lbs.I have to be between 170lbs-145lbs.Once the weight start heading down hill then 4:25 minutes per mile is going to be easy.Those thirty-five lbs is hurting my knees and hips,so I use weight training to strenghten those areas.I did that last night and it was easy I made it 6:40 minutes from where started was 10:25 minutes last week.

This is better than last week.

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: