Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
2004 Golden League?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarngrim

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the Hungarian scoring tables. They have every event scored based on the WR plus all-time world list
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never found the scoring method made available anywhere. Only manual lookup tables, which is out of the question.

Dan
GoldGoldGold
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make it easier for Dan, can't we just use (at least most of) the events from last year?

GT
GoldGoldGold
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and as soon as the comp has been set up, there's bound to be lots more interest.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure quite where you're going with the re-using events idea, but I don't see where any time would be saved there. The big part of the setup is processing the athlete lists to create the roster selection and subsequent scoring. Lots of junk in those lists to filter through and get right...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I've never found the scoring method made available anywhere. Only manual lookup tables, which is out of the question.

Dan

Yeah ... We went through that the first year ... I think what we have developed works pretty well ... We've tweeked it here and there ... I think it is as good as anything else out there anyway ..
GoldGoldGold
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I'm not sure quite where you're going with the re-using events idea, but I don't see where any time would be saved there. The big part of the setup is processing the athlete lists to create the roster selection and subsequent scoring. Lots of junk in those lists to filter through and get right...

Dan

Duhhh...must have been having a brain spasm... sorry
jonmulk
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the things that some of the other 'quiet' users have said - yes, we're quiet on the forums, but we are all keenly anticipating the start of the contest! As the old saying goes - 'no news is good news' - if you don't receive suggestions from people, it doesn't mean that they're not interested - it means that everything you're currently doing (and have been doing the past few years) is just perfect.

With regards to the scoring - I don't really mind what kind of scoring is used. The same scoring will be used for every participant, so it's fair all the same.

Anyway, it's the start of June - should the 2004 comp be starting soon? Golden league on the 11th! I think, if you mention something about the 2004 contest on the Fantasy T&F page, then it will keep the interest. At the moment, all visitors see is the results from the 2003 contest, which has been there since late 2003 - there's no mention of the 2004 contest, which could make people think "oh, no contest for this year... ah well.....".

Keep up the good work, Dan! Look forward to entering!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ok... Smile

I've got the '04 contest all put together. You'll get a bit of a surprise when you see the purchase prices. Wink I did some serious tinkering with the formula used the past two years to get more separation between disparate athletes. There's some rather hefty purchase prices and some extreme bargains now...

If you see any athletes not included (people who didn't compete last year that wouldn't be in the '03 IAAF lists), let me know and I'll add them in.

I left the user accounts intact from last year, so you can log into your existing account if you participated in '03.

http://run-down.com/fantasy/

Dan
GoldGoldGold
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... why can't I see my 2003 team on the list??
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different database for each season. To view last year's roster, you need to use the footer links to view last year's full results, then find your name in the list and click on it to get to the athletes page.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we established anew deadline for roster selection ???
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July 1st.

I'll send out a message within the next few days notifying everyone of the deadline.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh ... Best go in in a couple of days and make my selections ... Probably this weekend would be good ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got some ringers amongst your selections, best to wait till the last minute so no one copies your genius. Laughing

If you haven't logged in yet and looked at the athlete lists, you'll be in for some surprises with pricing changes this year... This year's formula:

=FLOOR(((x-1000)^3)/8400, 1)

where 'x' is the athlete's IAAF rank for last year. Yeah, I tweaked last year's formula a tad... Makes for much wider pricing gaps between top level and lower level athletes. There are a few athletes in there that can be picked up for pennies on the dollar. Wink

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: