Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Info. on shin splints, stress fractures, etc. - Merck Manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I know many of us are always looking for information on those injuries that plague runners. Chapter 57 of http://www.merckhomeedition.com contains information on sports injuries, especially those that affect runners. I found useful information on shin splints, exercises to strengthen the shin muscles, stress fractures of the foot, achilles tendinitis, runner's knee, hamstring injury, strengthening the hamstrings, etc.

This online medical reference is The Merck Manual of Medical Information - Home Edition. I was surprised to see the entire contents of the reference online. But then again, isn't everything online now? =)

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Carl Wright']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carl,

Nice find! Thanks for pointing that out. Smile I added the sports injuries chapter to the running links, as I'm sure many people will find it useful.

It is amazing how much stuff is freely distributed online these days. I can't help but wonder how the internet will develop in that respect. How can print publications afford to give so much away???

Cheers,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tiffany

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:30 am    Post subject: stress fractures Reply with quote

hello,
My name is Tiffany a former track and field participant,in my junior year of high school I was told I will be unable to run beause I had a stress fracture in my lower back before I knew it, my track career was over, there was nothing I could do at least that was what I was told, happen so a year later the fracture healed and i was still forbidded to run, now that year turned into two and now the pain,and agony is back but worse. My doctor said A year ago
Quote:
everything will be okay longs its healed its gone forever
so I question myself why is it back? I am looking for information and pictures about what is going on can you help?

sincerely,
Desperate Athlete.[img][/img][/code]
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I doubt there's any advice we'll be able to offer you beyond, "ask a doctor"...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: