Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
New Shoes

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Asics officially drop Tiger from the name? They were known as Asics-Tiger for quite a while, but I don't remember seeing that for several years now.

Don't mention Nike and philosophical preferences unless you really want to get me wound up... Wink

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any problems with Nikes being to narrow. But I've never had fit problems with any brand of shoes. As for wieght I've never noticed any real difference between the Nike International Triax and my Asics 1060's. The biggest difference is the EVA midsole in the 1060's vs the firmer PU insole in the triax.

And as for Nike and there corperate pracitces I can't say I approve of many of them. Of coarse with a little digging I'd be willing to bet you'd find that Adidas and many of the other big shoe companies aren't much better. The thing that annoys me the most about Nike is that the majority of there running shoes are so ugly that I don't want to wear them. And I am not one to be real picky about how well my workout clothes match. But lately Nikes running shoes are like grey and yellow with black midsoles, or they look like something out of a low bidget, futuristic sci-fi movie. A few years ago I wouldn't have cared because their shoes were simply better than the compotitions. But now there are several shoe brands that are closeing the gap on Nike and with the price I'm paying for shoes I want something that I'm not embarrased to be seen wearing.
Hammer
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years my Nike's have outlasted most of the other shoes that I have bought. Most of the time when I purshcase Nike I spend a lot of money (mostly Tailwinds.) When I have purchased other shoes I usually spend less $60-80. Last week I finally went out and bought an expensive pair of New Balance (1020s @ $100). So we'll see how that turns out.
mlewis73
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run Nike Pegasus for years with no problems till the 2004 model. Gave me plantar fasciitis that lasted 18 months. Every time I put that pair of shoes on, my left foot hurts just like it did when the PF developed. May have been a defective shoe.

I went to the Air Moto at that point and love them, except that they have a plastic piece on the outside of the shoe that is rubbing my left foot in a manner that makes it sore. Ditched them a few weeks ago and am running Asics Gel Nimbus VIII now. Absolutely love these shoes, although I wish they had the little grippy in them like the Nike Air Motos have (surrounds your arch and makes the shoe feel like it is made onto your foot.)

Only complaint with the Nimbus is that they're slippery in the heel. I'm concerned about losing them to mud or if another runner stepped on my heel.

Mike
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too went from the Pegasus to the Moto and liked them. The plastic you were talking about didn't bother me. But everyones foot is different. I love the way Mizuno Wave Riders feel but they rub a blister on my left foot after about 4 miles. The Daughter, on the other hand, has run 5 marathons in the Wave Rider and loves them.

I like Asics too but they wore out too quick. I had just bought a pair of Pegasus 2006 when the bone chipped in my foot. But the two runs I did get to do in them felt great.
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This an old thread - interesting to see the changes... and how different shoes fit different people...
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Among all the changes that pertain to running shoes, there is one thing that remains constant. When you find a shoe that you like....the company will change it.
mlewis73
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micah Ward wrote:
Among all the changes that pertain to running shoes, there is one thing that remains constant. When you find a shoe that you like....the company will change it.

Very true...
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pegasus for 2006 is supposed to be quite nice. Watch for most of the Asics models to drop in weight as the company replaces the EVA with their new Solyte material.
Still with New Balance myself, 825's and 901's. Had 2 pairs of Asics Gel Landreth II that were OK but were a bit clunky until they were broken in. Didn't care for the Gel Cumulus at all.

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried on a pair of Pegasus this summer. They were decent, but not as comfortable as I remember in the past, although I never owned a pair. These had sort of a lumpy, dress shoe feel to the cushioning. I went with the 30-40's, which were much more comfortable and felt like they would hold up nearly as well.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: