Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Multi-events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Multi-events Reply with quote

I don't know whether or not this has been discussed on here before, but is there any chance that you (Dan) can let us have some kind of scoring for the Multi-event competitions? Like the ones in Gotzis, Talence, etc.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking.... Do you mean can we include Multis in the Fantasy competition, or do you just want the scoring made available for your own usage?

Dan
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I'm not sure what exactly you're asking.... Do you mean can we include Multis in the Fantasy competition, or do you just want the scoring made available for your own usage?

Sorry for not being that clear, but that is what I was asking about whether or not this year you could include Multis in the Fantasy competition...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a scoring standpoint, I think it could be done, as most of the Fantasy scoring is derived from Multis tables. Two problems come to mind, though:

1) I'd have to modify the automated scoring to go through 10 events' worth as a single process.

2) Limited competitions would require a change to the current approach of 10 meets with "all" the contested events. It would probably have to be an additional meet or two of just multis, which would be a lot more data for me to enter and probably wouldn't appeal to all that many people except for the true die-hards.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would almost seem like the Multis would require their own "league" as they don't follow the other meets in any way shape or form outside of the Games and World Championships ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I would think, and I doubt there are enough people with a strong interest in the Multis to make such a league worth the time it would take to run.

Dan
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. The more I actually think about it, the more I am misled from the idea, as they are not frequently held, they don't attract that much attention. I am not actually a strong Multis fan, but just thought it would a different change to the norm

Very Happy

So when does the Fantasy T&F officially start then? Or just it just commence as soon as the Grand Prix/Golden League meets start? Surprised
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably in June. Basically when the big meets get underway.

Dan
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
That's what I would think, and I doubt there are enough people with a strong interest in the Multis to make such a league worth the time it would take to run.

Dan

___I believe that you are right. However, I see a space for someone interested in the multis to hook up with the people who love other events that are hard to score, and to create a "non-Run-Down" events Fantasy League. Very Happy It would sound like the Olympiad of the non-Olympic events. It does, or at least did, exist. Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: