Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Berlin Grand Prix ...

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:18 am    Post subject: Berlin Grand Prix ... Reply with quote

I see that the Berlin meet has NOT generated much excitement !!! Sort of anticlimatic I guess ... But there are some things to look for ...

Can Guevara break 49.00 ??

Will Mo win and redeem himself to some degree ??

Will Marion run more than just a ho hum time ???

Can ElG get in that 3:26 range ???

Will Diagana once again be the upset that keeps an intermediate hurdler from winning gold bars ???

Just a few thoughts ...

Conway
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem to have managed to make itself a completely forgotten meet... Heck, I can't even tell if it's underway yet, and if so, if they're posting results...

http://www.istaf.de/programm/eng/mainprogram.html

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this was a boring meet ... At least the athletes appear to ohave been bored ... Lots of poor perforamnces ... Either that or we have come to expect too much ...

The oneo bright spot for me is the Turkish 1500 runner ... Ms Ayhan ... Again a victory and again sub 4:00 ... For those who doubted what she did at the Euros she ahs come baack now in two separate meets since and done similar work ... Wink

Conway
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, now I see where the results are hidden!

http://www.istaf.de/chronik/eng/res02/timetable.html

Wow, looks like an absolutely dismal meet. Sad Not at all surprising, considering the ridiculously thin (even by this year's standards) event schedule, weak entry lists, non-informative site, and lack of any sort of excitement leading in...

Mo, Mo, Mo... :question:

I'll get to work on entering results for the meet this afternoon and post an update when they're scored.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, I just noticed one noticable result...

2 FAVOR HAMILTON, Suzy USA 3:59.40
13 JACOBS, Regina USA 4:08.81

Stop the presses, Suzy beats Regina!!! Smile

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo Mo Mo is right ... MO should go home ... Should have after the first meet of the second half of the season ... Should have just rested ... But easy for me to say ...

Conway
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, those men's 5k results look disturbingly similar to the completely disinterested GP Final last year, albeit in a much more respectable time. A dozen guys cruizing for 11.5 laps then trying to outkick each other...?

Didn't you say earlier that Maurice had signed a contract to compete in all 7 Golden League meets? He does seem to be a man of his word...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu are right about Mo ... HE did sign a contract ... And is living up to that ... Have to give him credit for that ... Friend of mine in Southern Cal said there have apparently been stories in the paper and sightings of him at Taft High School starting to work with the kids he is going to coach ... Whiel I appreciate that and feel it is noble, he may want to rethink his coaching responsibilities until he is actually ready to retire ... Going back and forth across the ocean is NOT an easy thing ... Nor is not focusing on his own training needs ..

Conway
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely.

Well, results are entered and scored for the meet. Not much changed, as there wasn't a lot of scoring to go around... I'm on the brink of losing my top-100 ranking with one more bad meet... Sad

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems tired. I was going to comment that Devers has not come close to her 12.42 after the break, but she ran 12.49 at Van Damme. Jacobs was the 3rd US finisher in the 1500. Bucher is starting to come on after all his injury problems, but its too late. Was Krummenacker slated to run?? He and Edwards (TJ) didn't compete, but I didn't peruse the starting lists.

Paul
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither Krummenaker nor Edwards were scheduled to compete ... Perhaps they knew they were tired ... Both have had long productive seasons ... But most of the others appeared tired to me too .....

Conway
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meet will be on TV tonight, but I'm wondering if it will be too much of a snoozer to stay awake through...

ESPN2
1am - 2am, EST
10pm - 11pm, PST

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to mention the broadcast, but you beat me to it. I will be glued to my set, though. But if it gets to be too much of a snoozer, even I may have to play some EFX during the breaks just to make it through!! Surprised Wink Thumbs Up
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be Das EFX, I assume? Smile

I got a nice 3 miler in this morning, and I plan to get another 7-8 in on the treadmill (if it isn't taken) while watching the meet this evening. My goal is 40 miles over the next 7 days...

Dan
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got me beat. I have had to reduce the amount I'm running now that the season has started. But I am currently working on improving my form. And I'm definatly inspired, a couple of my female athletes made fun of me last week, after I was overly sweating and breathing hard following a half mile run where I was showing the teama loop I wanted them to run for some repeats.

Nothing like being called old, fat, and slow, to make you want to get in shape Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: