Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Forget Paris ...

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Forget Paris ... Reply with quote

... Rome is on deck. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Smile

Start lists are posted:

http://www.goldengala.it/new/ht/pag_dx/res_e.htm

Looks like we're starting to get some better representation. I actually have a whopping 5 athletes scheduled to compete!

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going over the start list the womens 1500 looks good for the US with all the big names in the race Teeter, Suzy, Runyan and even Regina is entered! Meb is in the mens 5k so at least I'll have a time to complain about as opposed to gripeing about not having anyone even in the race. And I am looking forward to seeing if Krummanaker can duplicate his success from last week in the mens 800.
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed that neither of the two good British sprinters were entered into the 100 or 200. Anyone have a reason why they would skip this meet? I know Chamber has some kind of a problem with his back but what about Lewis-Francis
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of overloaded fields ... Will be interesting to see who shows ... I'd like ot see Krummenaker win again but there are afew different runners in this race and he won't be sneaking up on anyone any more ...

i htink Teter will run and I am hoping she can win again ... I like her chances ... I think Suzy is so much a basket case it doesn't matter any more .. And we'll see if Regina runs or not ...

Chambers hurt a shoulder in Sheffield andhis focus is on the Commonwealth Games ... As for Lewis Francis I think his goal is to run sparingly and be rested ... I expect to see him at the end of the week in another run at Mo who I know isn't going ot run in Rome ...
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rome is TOMORROW !!! Don't know why I thought it was in the middle of the week .. Mo will be there as he is running in each of the Golden League runs ... And I would expect none of the Brits to be there as they have a meet of their own this weekend ...

So I guess Mo wins easily ... Wink ... Question is does Tim Montgomery run and if so where does he place ??? I see Mo near 9.90 this time around if not under it .. He's rested and hungry ... And the fact some folks are saying Chambers may be the man just adds to the mix for him ..

I'm dying to see what Teter does ... She has been improving all year long .. I'd like to see her near 4:02 which could happen given the depth of the field ...

Also looking forward to the men's 200 as Frank Fredericks is entered and this will be his first run with the big boys so to speak ... He has run some impressive times so far and this will go a long way towards determining how well he has acome back from his injury problems .
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK folks ... The meet starts in less than 2 hours .... Yet no one seems too interested ... I think this is going to be an exciting meet and should have some excellent results ... Maybe I'lll move up some ... Confused
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly interested, just too distracted with other things to pay it much pre-meet attention.

How could I not be excited? I have nowhere to go but up!!! Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's still a little room below you ... Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, emphasis on "little." The nice thing about being so bad is there's no end to fitting team names... Bench Warmers, Bottom of the Barrel, Rock Bottom, and best of all, Team Run-Down. Wink

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh-oh, this is either a bizarre typo or exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen...

22:05 - 1500m Men
22:05 - 1 Mile Men

If they really are running both the 1500m and the mile, I'll have to convert results for one to the other and then combine them by place for scoring, hoping it comes out somewhat accurate...

Note that both are listed as being run at the same time, which strikes me as a tiny bit odd. Maybe they put both on the schedule with the idea being to decide at the last minute which would be run?

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could be INger Miller who did not finish todays 100 ... Crying or Very sad ... Hate to say it but her career could be hanging in the balance ... She has been no where near the same since her hamstring injury in 2000 ... That after PRs in the '99 worlds of 10.79 and 21.77 ...

On a more positive note, Cby Miller ran 10.09 in the B section of the men's 100 and Darvis Patton ran a SB of 10.14 ... Patton's time is impressive to me since his "race" is the 200 and he is scheduled there later in the meet ...

Looks like the track is fast .. The 100's had virtually no wind .. so might be a good day !!!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering if Inger would get back to the promising level she had achieved with the 200m victory in Marion's absence, but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Also in the 100m B-heats, I see Brian Lewis ran very slow. I'm guessing an injury was involved?

I can't begin to describe how fed up I'm getting with these meets offering so few of the events... Sad Not just from the Fantasy T&F perspective, either. I truly think they're killing the sport by changing the face of competition. The sport has it bad enough from a publicity standpoint as it is, we don't need the big meet promoters making it more difficult than ever to watch your favorite athletes go head to head...

Dan
CandS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Men's 1500M/Mile Reply with quote

If you look at the start lists the 1500 has NO ONE listed but the Mile start list is full--I'm pretty sure this means they're only running the Mile. Why they have both listed at the same time is very odd. Surprised
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian was injured by nationals ... Hamstring I think ...

I hate the way meets are run now ... I know they are trying ot be accomodating to television ... But they are NOT televising track meets ... They are televising some sort of hybrid ... Too many events are not being run and I believe it is hurting the sport ... Athletes are losing out on competitive opportunities ... And youngsters are not being given adequate opportunities to see many events ... It also creates an interesting catch 22 ... IN order for an event to be televisible (wd?) it has to be popular ... But in order to be popular there have to be opportunites for individuals to compete in it and make it so !!!
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good new bad news for Tim MOntgomery ... Good news is he equalled his season best at 9.94 .. Bad news is he was running against Mo who ran 9.89 !!!!! Time did take 2nd ...

Results
100m Men
12.07.2002 21:15

World Record 9.79 Maurice Greene USA Athína 16.06.1999
Meeting Record 9.85 Maurice Greene USA 07.07.1999
2002 World Best 9.94 Montgomery/Fredericks/Crawford Pretoria/Windhoek/Osaka

rank BIB athlete nat finish time reaction time
1 101 GREENE, Maurice USA YB 9.89 0.115
2 116 MONTGOMERY, Tim USA SB 9.94 0.158
3 104 WILLIAMS, Bernard USA SB 10.00 0.141
4 108 COLLINS, Kim SKN 10.05 0.156
5 102 FREDERICKS, Frank NAM 10.07 0.143
6 115 ASAHARA, Nobuharu JPN 10.15 0.142
7 106 OBIKWELU, Francis POR 10.17 0.153
8 103 DRUMMOND, Jon USA 10.22 0.180
9 109 BOLDON, Ato TRI SB 10.23 0.190

Looks like an awesome race !!! Looking forward ot watching it tomorrow morning ...

judge: Mario Lattanzi (ITA) wind: +0,9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: