Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Oslo Up ... Paris on Deck

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:43 am    Post subject: Oslo Up ... Paris on Deck Reply with quote

We're moments here from the Oslo meet starting and there are several interesting side stories ... First for me is Mo v. Montgomery, which is not til near the end of the meet ... There is also Lagat and ElG ... And Olsson v. Edwards in the triple jump ...

I would look for Mo to continue his dominance ... The same for ElG who only seems to lose in Olympic finals ... But I see a possible changing of othe guard in the triple with Olsson beginning ot rise up ... But Edwards still has much fight in him AND is the best technician the event has ever seen ...

Anyone else waiting in anticipation ?????

Last edited by Conway on Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very much looking forward to it until seeing how few of my athletes were slated to compete... Smile At least I got JJ Johnson in the 100.

I do think the men's 100 will continue to be a very entertaining event this year. Still waiting for the vaunted women's 800 battles to heat up...

Looks like the meet is underway, with men's pole vault and high jump results being posted...

http://www.bislettgames.com/results/timetable.html

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, so much for JJ helping float my comeback attempt. Last in the 2nd of 3 heats at 10.56... Sad

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CandS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Men's 1500 Reply with quote

Sorry, no Lagat in Oslo as far as I can see. Sad
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like two of the hotest sprinters early on are gonna be two of the seasons biggest busts if they don't turn it around ... JJ AND Crawford have just been horrible lately ... Crying or Very sad

And yes there is no Lagat apparently in Oslo ... Too bad ... I would really like to see someone challenge ElG this season ...
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results
100m Men Final A
28.06.2002 21:10

World Record 9.79 Maurice Greene USA Athína 16.06.1999
Meeting Record 9.84 Tim Montgomery USA 13.07.2001

rank BIB athlete nat finish time reaction time
1 1 CHAMBERS, Dwain GBR 10.05 0.156
2 150 GREENE, Maurice USA 10.06 0.144
3 121 MONTGOMERY, Tim USA 10.10 0.161
4 69 DRUMMOND, Jon USA 10.21 0.129
5 122 WILLIAMS, Bernard USA 10.29 0.141
6 84 BOLDON, Ato TRI SB 10.33 0.136

judge: Rannveig E. Berger (NOR) wind: -0,1

Results of the Men's 100 ... Looks like Chambers sneaksin in in the cool weather ... He seems to do that to Mo in England and has done it here ... Now the event has a THIRD player .. and we haven't seen Frankie against the big boys yet !!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoulda thunk it??? This sucker's turning all topsy-turvy... What's Maurice's record as far as bouncing back from the infrequent defeat?

JJ and Crawford going south, gee, that's really gonna help me!

I need to find those mile to 1500m conversions... I think I have it somewhere, but anyone happen to have a Big Green Book handy with the figure? I think it's divide by 1.08 or something.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Big Greene book is at home and I am at work ... Sorry ...

I think Mo is undefeated coming off a loss ... I am guessing he and Montgomery both forgot there were others in the race ... Chambers has had good luck against Mo in poorer weathr conditions ... He has beaten Mo a few times in England ...

Judging from the women's 1500 Teter was very competitive ... That bodes well for her for the rest of the season ...

andn old man Edwards won his battle ... Don't have my book but he was 17.61 which I think is out round 57'10 ish ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edwards continues to amaze...

I ended up going with the Purdy conversion for mile to 1500m. It's pretty close to the other models on the stats page and seems to be most consistent for short to mid-distances.

Week 2 results are now entered and scored, so check it out:

http://run-down.com/fantasy/

I moved up a whopping 5 points... A few big jumps at the top of the list, and let me just say I'm feeling Conway's pain right now. Sad

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO pain NO gain ... Wink .. I'll be fine before it is over ... Key here is that there have been a coule of the smaller meets with limited participation ...

I will ocme back ... Most criticallly I am ahead of the Warthogs and the Ducks !!!! Wink
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too bad for the Warthogs that competed...the problem was that only 2 were there. I predicted a 3rd for Sturrup and she got 4th and a 1st for Kipketer and he got 2nd. Now if I can get more athletes in there in the top 3 I might move up some.

Western States 100 tomorrow. BOLO (that's police talk for be on the lookout) for updates in the Distance Den.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the rosters of the top few competitors. They've had all but 2 or so of their athletes score already. Not bad considering the small meets we've had thus far.

I still say Team DucK (ironic, being a Beaver) will be climbing into the top 50 very soon, even with Katharine Merry sidelined... That roster would be gold if they'd all just line up in the same meet...

http://run-down.com/fantasy/index.php?go=roster&id=1

Dan
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched ESPN's replay of the Bisslette meet.

Would somebody reach through cyberspace and KICK MY BUTT for not taking ElG? Evil or Very Mad

What on earth was I thinking?

Obviously I wasn't thinking at all. Crying or Very sad

I must have been afflicted with a bunch of stupid!!! Embarassed
CandS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: 1500 Men's Reply with quote

Lagat v El G; didn't happen todya--but it will in France Laughing
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagat I got. Smile

If I had ElG I would really be set.

CandS, it is nice to hear from some of the other participants. Please join in on some of our other discussions. They sometimes get down right interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: