Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Next Meet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:40 am    Post subject: Next Meet Reply with quote

OK guys the second meet of the season is this weekend. I predict great things for the Fighting Warthogs. Of course, before I do too much trash talk I guess I had better check the entry list and see if I even have any runners competing.

I'll get back to you... Confused
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sunk... Embarassed

Only two runners this weekend. Chandra Sturrup and Sammy Kipketer. That could be good for a 3rd and a 1st though.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look much better for me...

Marion Jones - 100m
Michelle Collins - 400m

They aren't even contesting the women's high jump, long jump, and 3k, or the men's long jump, 200m, and 110 hurdles. Ouch.

This could put my comeback on the back burner...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like I have Yegorova and Greene ... but Oslo doesn't draw big fields in some events becasue the track is small ...

and I have a question ... Or maybe its a suggestion ... That maybe at the half way point there is an open window to make adjustments ... For example Ihave Katherine Merry who is onw inured and going ot skip the season ... I am wondering if the same could be said for Okert Brits whom I've ont seen hide onr hair of ... Just a thought ... Like maybe a 7 day period or something ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What basis would you propose for making changes? Even or lesser cost swaps? Anything goes so long as the total roster expense is within the limit?

The problem from a programmatical standpoint is that I haven't built in any means of keeping track of when an athlete's points belong to a given roster. If changes are allowed, that would become an essential piece of the puzzle.

I'm leaning toward leaving it the way it is and treating this first year as a learning experience all around. Then we can sit down and brainstorm ways to make it more flexible next year, such as allowing changes and/or trades, pricing athletes so that you can select them just once for your roster and have any event they score in count (much more complicated to put together than it might sound on the surface), etc.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: