Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
drills

View previous topic :: View next topic  
megaman
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: drills Reply with quote

Does anyone have any drills to improve a persons stride? Some people run flat footed or some have too much bounce in their stride. How can you correct it or change it for the better/
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practice running on your toes until it hurts to walk! That'll take care of any overly flat footed or heel striking tendencies...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for someone to start a "Drills" topic thread. Dan, after reading your tips and training info, I gingerly started toe walking on parts of my woosie Embarassed little treadmill workouts a couple of times a week. I think it helps and also my plantar fasciitis problem is improving. When I run, I like to use some high knee, butt kicks, and light skipping in my warmups. I hope Conway gets in on this because drills are king in the sprints and I believe there could be a lot of carry over that distance people overlook, especially in the 800/1500 and even 5000.
I am editing this post because I just remembered that Conway mentioned mini-trampoline jumping on another place.

Paul
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge believer in drills for sprint training. I haven't seen it first hand, but I've also been told that the Ethiopian mid-distance and distance runners also do a rather extensive series of drills before racing.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it falls into the category of drills but I know at the Kenyan training camps they do a lot of calastenic type exercises. Usually as an easy day alternative to one of their three daily runs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: