Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Anything you think should be added?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Anything you think should be added? Reply with quote

Aside from major modifications like being able to trade players from week to week, any changes or additions you'd like to see made to the program?

One that I thought of is an added database field for team names. For instance, Micah has fondly named his team the Fighting Warthogs... I was leaning toward Team DucK (aka "DK Undercover") for my own...

Once results are entered and scored, some way of viewing where each roster's points have come from (i.e. athlete, event, and meet) would certainly be good.

Anything else?

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few changes I made:

- can now view rosters without logging in

- added player's name to roster view

- added a team name option to rosters

- can now view results for each athlete in a roster

For the new team names, I haven't yet added a way for you to add/update your own, so send me a team name to add for you if you would like one. Make sure you send me the info from the email address your account is set up under so that I know it's really you.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRading athletes might be nice ... Injuries etc could hurt down the road ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's something I definitely hope to make doable next year. I suppose it isn't entirely out of the question that I could make it happen this time around (lots of logistics to figure out), but don't hold your breath...

Another thing I want to add is some way to view what place people were in after each meet, in addition to the cumulative display.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice .... Maybe keep people more involved ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. As it is, there's nearly 3 weeks of down time until the next meet. That ought to give us lots of time to talk smack about our teams. Wink

Dan
Worldchamp99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Fantasy Track and Field Game!!! Reply with quote

I think that you should be able to change your roster after ever meet. As long as you dont change them the day of the meet. And the better that you do, the more points to should get to add more and better people to your roster!!!!

Aaron Thompson
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much easier said than done. As I've tried to explain many times, I have to build it into the program to accept roster changes and keep track of how much each athlete scored while on any given roster. Keep in mind, these things don't just happen, and it isn't a ready-made product...

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekly scores (totals to that point) are now included in the leader board. That'll help you see how individual players' rosters performed as the weeks progress.

Dan
- nowhere to go but up
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For next year, a goal is to fine tune the athlete pricing so that their cost equals (as close as possible) their total points scored. For example, Marion Jones has scored 546.05 points through 4 meets in the 100m, and her purchase price is 4160. If the final 6 meets hold true to form, she will end with 1365.13 points, which is roughly 33% of her purchase price in the event. If that ratio seems fairly common across athletes and events, then the overall pricing scheme could be adjusted accordingly.

Of course, in this non-perfect world, I'd be surprised if it plays out anywhere near that nice, so a heavy fudge factor would probably need applying...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: