Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Wanna talk strategy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Wanna talk strategy? Reply with quote

Just thought I'd start a thread for people to discuss/brag the strategies that went into their roster selections and how they see things playing out. For instance, is Regina Jacobs a bargain in the 1500 or a liability considering her sparse European racing schedule? Ditto for athletes who had off years or breakout years last year and how that reflects on their pricing/value for this year.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
steepler79(Beau Veazey)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:01 am    Post subject: strategy for women 400m Reply with quote

This is not a bragging session... well maybe it is. I have a friend of mine that I ran with in college. Her name is Christine Amertil. You might recognize her name from one of the women in the 400m. Anyway, in her college career she came in 3rd in nationals twice and had a best of :52. Which was good but nothing outstanding. After graduating she went off to Atlanta to train with a fellow runner from the Bahamas. I entered this fantasy track and field and saw her name and signed her up just for fun because she was not that expenseive. I called her up and joked with her about it. To my surprise and excitement she recently won a grand prix race and ran 50.82 which just so happens to be the third fastest time in the world this year. What a bargin....the only problem is that she is not scheduled to run in many of the meets that are posted.....Good Luck everyone.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Truly a diamond in the ruff. Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going ot be very interesting ... AFter watching today's activity ... How often your pwople run is going to be crucial ... Another thing is how seriously THEY are taking each competition .. Injuries (the nagging ones) I think will play a big role before it is all over as well ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why Maurice was a late scratch from my roster. He's a near certainty to win with a good time every time out, but I also question how often we'll see him lace up the spikes... Of course, his purchase price is partly based on him racing sporadically last year, so that's already somewhat taken into account.

Only 5% of my roster competed today...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: