Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Officially underway!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Officially underway!!! Reply with quote

The entry deadline has come and gone, and season #1 of the [hopefully] Annual Run-Down Fantasy T&F League is now underway. Smile Over 300 people signed up, but only half of them (almost exactly) bothered to confirm their email address and/or select a roster. Oh well, 150 is still a pretty good turnout.

For coverage of tomorrow's Athens Grand Prix, you can try the following two sites:

http://www.tsiklitiria.org/
http://www.athletix.org/

The first one is the official meet site, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the latter get results posted sooner. As soon as I have results for each of our 14 contested events, I will begin entering and scoring them.

Taking a quick browse through a few of your rosters, I already see two big names I had meant to add to my own... Inger Miller and Morne Nagel in the women's and men's 100m, respectively. Sad Oops! Ah well, that's what makes it fun. Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-hoo, meet #1 is in the books!

http://run-down.com/fantasy/

Being the gratious and selfless host that I am, I of course spotted all of you a hefty lead... Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ... We all appreciate it greatly ... Smile
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a distance freak.

I pay more attention to picking my distance runners than my sprinters.

My only point scorer was a sprinter.

I need a drink!!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto for me, but you've still got me by 29 places... I'm counting on all my selections competing in meet #2 and having great days, which could net around 1600 points...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And meet two is going to be ???

Micah, welcome to the real world !!!! That's the one where sprinters score tons of points in track meets causing their distance brethren to resort to drinking Rolling Eyes

I do think it will be interesting meet to meet as I doubt if anyone has all of their team competing in any one meet .... This is going to be a marathon going to the end I do believe ... Unless Speed City can end it early ... Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bislett, June 28th.

http://run-down.com/fantasy/faq.php#meets

Athens was sort of the pre-season compared to the rest of the meets on the schedule. I think we'll see much better representation from here on out by the big guns.

Quote:
Unless Speed City can end it early ...

Ahem, if it ends early, Speed City will have been left in the dust. Wink

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually what you are seeing in that dust is the image of where Speed City was prior to take off ...

Bislet will be interesting ... Mo is supposed to be in all of the Golden League meets ... And that is the site of Monty's PR set last year ... And they should be able to get Monty for free !!! Has said he would run for free forthe chance ot run against Mo ... Rolling Eyes

Also should be some good distance running which means more of the distance runners on folks lists should start showing up ..
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Maurice winds up running all the Golden League meets, I'm really going to regret dropping him from my roster... Embarassed

Dan
graeme
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right! I'm in fourth place Smile
I had five point scorers and I don't know anything Very Happy
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done! Smile I didn't even notice that was you... That's a solid looking roster you picked. At least we have one forum frequenter representing...

Dan
swoosher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: well done Dan Reply with quote

Well done on getting the league set up - With luck it will grow each year - into the thousands. We just need to tell everyone about it
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'd love to see it grow steadily, but I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the turnout the first installment drew. Of course, the 300+ that signed up looked a lot better than the 150 that bothered to confirm their accounts and select rosters... Amazing how many people are too lazy to take the next step if it requires even an ounce of work on their part. Sad

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
If Maurice winds up running all the Golden League meets, I'm really going to regret dropping him from my roster... Embarassed

Dan

Yeha I know that feeling ... I made one change on the last day .. I switched Shawn Crawford for Bernard Williams ... Gonna regret that one unless Shawn suddenly returns to form .... Embarassed
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawford accounts for 100% of my scoring thus far...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: