Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Wednesday evening run in Portland, Oregon

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g.o.
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Wednesday evening run in Portland, Oregon Reply with quote

Anybody local to Portland, or passing through is invited to run with us from the Fulton Pub at Macadam and Nebraska in SW Portland. We will cross the Sellwood Bridge and run through the Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge, then hurry back to the pub for a pint of Hammerhead. We will go every Wednesday through the summer, leaving out front at 6:15. We've got some sponsorship from Team Red Lizard (www.bigredlizard.com) and will pass out the occasional t-shirt, hat, socks, etc. This weeks giveaway is tickets for Saturday's Adidas Oregon Track Classic (www.oregontrackclassic.com) at Mt Hood Community College. We'll do about 6.5 at an easy pace for legs weary from Tuesday night track workouts. Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see Kevin or Noah, say hi for me. Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
g.o.
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin dropped off tickets for the Oregon Track Classic and then headed out to take Megan to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters. I'll let him now you said hi tomorrow night at the Goose run. Wink
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, what's your running club?? I don't see myself fit enough until deep into the Fall (knee surgery) but I am interested in the Wednesday night run, depending on the pace. I would figure to be in the back of the pack. I live a block from Gabriel Park in SW Portland. I figure you know where that is.

Paul
g.o.
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul,

It's the Red Lizards. The Wednesday night run would be a good one for a recovering injury. We have a mix of paces. Some of the fast people up front are doing seven-eight min/mile and there are a few at the back going about eleven.

Hope to see you out.
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would like to drop by just to say HI at least. It sounds like fun, and at least I wouldn't get lost. How about tackling the Taylor's Ferry hill from Macadam up to Terwilliger. Surprised This is one of my all time goals!! Is this just a summer run, or do you meet all year long??

thanks for answering
Paul
g.o.
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Taylor's Ferry is an option. Our idea is to run the graveyard for a Halloween run this fall.

I live at the bottom of the Corbett hill, the ski-jump end. Most of my runs and bike rides start out up that. It's a good warm-up (woof!)

We usually make it back to the Fulton Pub by 7:15 and go out back in the garden for a beer. Show up and say hi. We are the sweaty ones.
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see, I can show up at 6, say Hi, Stick around and have a few cold ones, and wait for you to come back at 7:15, 7:30 Very Happy Very Happy . Wht are your Tuesday workouts like, and where are they held?? Do you run at Hagg Lake on Sunday, or is that a completely different group?? What kind of 5K and 10K races do you have coming up??

Paul
g.o.
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday night is track night at Lake Oswego HS. We get around a dozen people and the workout is directed by Kevin Foreman. You can look up the other runs on the website: www.bigredlizard.com

Cold ones are encouraged at the Fulton Pub post-run!
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Greg!! Bookmarked the website ans surfed around a bit. Those trail runs look fun. My immediate goal is to try to make it to Lake Oswego Tuesday and sit in the stands and watch. How many of the weekend running events do you enter??

From where you describe your home location, I take it you are at the bottom of what we used to refer to as the Bullitt hills, after the Steve McQueen movie. That's a pretty good jump off point for the Buffalo Gap and Fulton Pub runs. And only ten min away from Lake O.

Paul
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I'm sitting here in cyberspace, browsing my forums, reading about people I've never met running with people I know on my old high school track... Small world, indeed!

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you end up at Lake O after Benson. I went to Wilson, class of '67. Whoa, that dates me, doesn't it??

Paul
g.o.
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do many competitions anymore, since I discovered cycle touring. I try and go to all of the Scrambles though. I usually go over the night before and camp out. If I'm not running in it, I'll volunteer. I cut all the watermelons at the Scramble two weeks ago.

I highly recommend the scrambles, unless you're worried about injury. Everyone who does one ends up with at least a scrape somewhere. The most common injury at the last one was the raspberries on peoples butts from the glissade they all did through the snowfield.

Great fun!
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Greg:
Went to Lake Oswego and watched the Tues evening workout. It was quite warm as you know so only about 8 or so showed up. The bulk of the workout was 20 minutes of 300m's with a 100m walk recovery. Met Kevin. I had a good time. My surgery was moved up to this Friday, so I hope to make it 2 Tuesday's from today and spectate again.

Paul
g.o.
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul,

Hope the surgery goes well. Good turn out last night for the run. We had thirteen runners and nineteen drinkers. Some people only show for the important part...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: