Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
Pelvic injury lady runner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any one ever had a pelvic injury bought on through running,mine started about 2 years ago when training for the london marathon,i have since had ex rays and they have found nothing,it keeps reocurring,on my right side this is so embarassing and it does stop me running for a long amount of time.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is the injury? Pain when putting your weight on it, when lifting your leg, when pushing off, when moving side to side...?

Have they done a bone scan in addition to the x-rays? It may be micro fractures that don't show up in x-rays. It could also be muscle/tendon hip imbalances, which sometimes can be corrected through strengthening and stretching exercises. A good sports physio person may be able to help you with that sort of stuff.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan
thanks for replying,i had an mri scan also so that didnt show any thing,just constant pain ,at one time i could hardly walk,i keep ok until i say up my miles to say over 8 then it sems to flare up again,i did 8 on sunday and got a twinge so rested today,yes i think i will have to see a sport therapist
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like muscle than bone. I had a hip flexor injury several years back that would be fine throughout the day and during running, but the moment I stopped, I could hardly lift my leg without assistance. After a few hours, the pain would die down, until the next run... Lots of awkward stretching seemed to be the key. That and convincing myself that the injury was all in my head... Further details available upon request. Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than answer your email, I figured I'd answer here where others can benefit from the response.

Take a look at the following book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446392308/rundown

It takes the angle of dealing with physical problems by figuring out the emotional issues that typically cause them, such as stress and anger. Very unique approach. I've used it myself on many occasions (where I supposedly had something physically wrong, according to doctors) with great success, as have others who I've managed to convince to give it a try.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: