Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
Welcome to the New and Improved Forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I alluded to it a few days ago and have now gone ahead with the forum upgrade from Discus to phpBB.

All topics, posts, and user accounts have been imported, and wherever possible, I have recreated user accounts from old anonymous posts.

One unfortunately unavoidable thing is that you will need to request a new password in order to log into your account for this forum, as the old Discus passwords were not decryptable and are stored in a different format than this forum uses. On the login page, you will see a link for having a new password emailed to you. Just enter your username and email address and it will be sent immediately.

I hope you enjoy the new look! Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also mention those of you that had user accounts with the old forum and had not entered an email address will need to contact me about getting a password in order to log in.

A few of the frequent posters who had not previously set up user accounts now have honorary ones, so check the "Memberlist" link at the top of the forum to see if you are one of the lucky ones. Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: