Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
New training methods discovered

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today I did 3x1mile in 6:40, 6:56, and 7:27 with 1/2 mile jog between. What'd you do?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'dr. fastous']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does that have to do with the subject?

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have discovered new training methods, involving no fixed positions. I don't want to reveal them all here, because I'm in the midst of writing a book.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'dr. Fastous']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so let me see if I understand this correctly. You've discovered new training methods, but you won't say what they are or what relevance the times/workout you listed have to them. Am I correct so far? So, what is the purpose of this topic other than to promote your book? I, for one, would never buy a book that will not reveal what it is about... That's something you'd see on a "how to become a millionaire" infomercial. Sad

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of the book is "Running Fastous".
The basis for my break through is in the workout described. Think about it. Or wait for the book.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dr. Fastous']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you've told us, there isn't much to think about. One rather meaningless statement and a vague question hardly lays the foundation for a compelling book.

Dan
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...
Message 1:...Today I got $5, $5.25, and $5.35. What would you do?...
Message 2:...I discovered a mountain of gold in my basement, and an elephant...think about it...

Comment:
I do not question that you discovered the new revolutionary training methods. I give it 50% chance.
However, the way you present them seems to indicate that you are an "off" individual. No offense meant.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot give away too much more or there will be no book, no radio interview tour, and no today show appearances! I will give you this much:
It is based on what I coin in the book as "concentric training". When you drop a pebble into water, small rings form and expand outwardly larger and larger.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dr. Fastous']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lest anyone takes this thread seriously, please refer to the following page:

http://run-down.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?22/521

Dan
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Shoe Laces Untied Reply with quote

Back during the '70s running boom, there was actually someone at the NY Marathon Expo selling a relatively complicated product to keep one's shoelacesfrom coming loose.

When I suggested double tying the laces, he accused me of being a smart *ss. He might have been correct, but the suggestion didn't demonstrate it.

On another note - Dan, I gather, from one or more of your postings, that you are a 10Ker rather than a marathoner.

To me, the 10K is much more difficult than a marathon - it's so short and fast. A real killer! Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, 800 was my main event. I've only run one 10k, and that was a brutally nasty XC race.

Dan
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Nasty XC Reply with quote

Dan, where was that 10K XC race? I ran a little XC in High School, but "Ks" hadn't been "invented" yet. We ran miles, and it was only three.

Our coach was the football coach, knew nothing about running, and we were poorly (un) trained. The school course was a very tough and hilly trail.

No training or racing flats in those days. We wore spikes with the spikes filed down. Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was in '94 at the National XC Championships at Blue Lake outside of Portland. Painful experience.

Dan
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:52 am    Post subject: Sounds Beautifu Reply with quote

Blue Lake. Sounds magnificent, but I guess you didn't have much chance to look around during the race.

When I'm racing trails I pretty much see the ground two or three feet in front of me. Otherwise, I tend to fall into holes or trip over rocks, roots and snakes. Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let the name fool you, there's nothing blue about it... Tends to be a big mud pit that time of year, with 30+ mph winds out of the gorge, 30 degree temperatures, and driving rain. Sad

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: