Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Training Partner Locator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 1999 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you haven't checked it out, here's the scoop: The Run-Down Training Partner/Resource Locator is a new database at DanKaplan.com. What's it do? Well, I'm glad you asked.

First of all, anyone is free to use the database. Assuming all you want to do is view/search the entries, you can sign in as guest/guest. If you would like to add or modify your own information, you will need to register. This is, of course, completely free and painless (how many running things can you say are painless?). You will be asked for your e-mail address. Don't worry, this is only in case you forget your password, so it can be sent to you.

Okay, enough rambling. The database is very easily searchable on a variety of fields such as: zip code, name, webpage, training preferences, city, etc. The directions for searching should be quite straightforward. People are encouraged to add whatever information they think would be useful to others. This includes individuals seeking training partners, clubs seeking members, running groups, whatever. The more people that sign up, the more useful it becomes!

If you can think of any more fields that should be added to it to make it more complete, please let me know while it's small enough to be easily changed. The "description" section is always a good place to put any additional information, as you will see from the entries already in the database. Feel free to play around with the search functions (they are quite powerful), and please add yourselves!!! All I ask is that you add only factual information and do not leave test entries behind.

Webmastuh,
Run fastuh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 1999 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly me... I suppose I could at least give you the link to the database!

Training Partner Locator

Although I'm sure you could have figured that out.

Dutifully yours,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: