Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Dan - please read this!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have horrible medial shin splints on one leg only and read your advice about the excercises to cure them. I have one question - when you say they went away in 2 weeks, do you mean that you kept running while doint the excercises or did you dod them while taking time off? I'm doing them while still running and my shin feels like someone smashed it w/ a ball bat. (Btw I know it's not a stress frx cause I had a bone scan already) Please let me know how you got rid of this problem - I only have a month before my 1st college xc season starts.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was about 10 years ago now, so I don't recall exactly what I was doing during that time. It was during the summer, and I think I kept up some light running. A high volume of running could keep the aggravation high enough to keep results from becoming immediately evident, but I don't think it will set you back. Best of luck, I know how much it hurts.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: