Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Not really about running.........

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Friends to Run With Reply with quote

[quote="Anselm"]Training2run: where do you find all these other runners? quote]

Dear Anselm: You're correct, it is often difficult to find people to run with. When I lived in Houston, Texas, I had two close friends/running buddies, and it was the perfect number.

With only two people running together, one can always whimp out and talk the other into quitting. With three people running, if one wants to whimp, the other two can shame him into continuing. Also with three, the conversation never flags - someone always has something to say.

More than three and you have both a mob and a scheduling problem.

In Houston, when we'd go to distant marathon races, girlfriends, wives and sometimes kids would come along, and we'd have a fantastic time.

When I left Houston, I had to train alone for quite a while. It was tough, not as much fun, and my running did suffer.

Fortunately, about a year ago, I was able to convince a friend from the local gym to take up running, and helping him has added new interest.

He's a real powerhouse, and never whimps. When we started, his max was 8 laps at the track, though 6 was the usual. Today he ran for almost two hours, up and down tremendous hills. He's running his first marathon (his first race of any kind) Sept. 22nd.

If you want to find running partners, you might go to some of the local 5K and 10K races. Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Pope Dan Reply with quote

Laughing Please give "A" a couple of extra points for that one. Mikie loved it!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You have "Chief Pontificator" next to yours. Kind of makes you sound like the pope!

Ah, not so quickly...

Quote:
pontificate 1. to officiate as a pontiff 2. to speak or act in a pompous or dogmatic way

You see, the key to praising yourself without sounding arrogant is to do so in a highly insulting, yet disguised fashion. Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: