Training Talk
Not really about running.........

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Anselm, problems with using your user account the past few posts?

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: Aw, oh, A, that's a sign of age! Reply with quote

Don't understand your number and icon "1 Cool ." Does that indicate 10 years old, or "One Cool Dude?" The latter, I'm sure.

If your friend can go up half-way already with a one-arm pull-up, he can probably learn to do complete ones in a short time, by doing negatives. Why don't you mention it to him.

You might also ask him how his big brother learned (trained), and pass the info on to us. Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that was meant to indicate 18, as the parenthesis after the 8 turns into a smiley unless they are disabled.

18 => (1Cool

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Ah, the mysteries of code Reply with quote

Dan: I prefer "One Cool Cool Dude!"

Thank you, though, for the true truth - that was kind of neat.

Actually, I'm not that good with numbers. Just realized I miscalculated my weekly total for the week ending July 6th: ran twenty minutes longer for the week than I'd thought.

The above means, that I get to cut back this week (ending the 20th). It's almost like getting a vacatation Very Happy . Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Anselm Murphy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it was meant to be an 18, dont know what went wrong. For some reason if I try to use my old account, it says its already being used by someone else or something, but it doesnt matter, I can just use this one. I've told the guy that he could easily manage it, and he knows it, I just thing that he can't really be bothered.

Anyone seen a film called "Prefontaine"? Its about the American runner Steve Prefontaine. It was on BBC1 last night, and I only saw the last 30 mins but it looked pretty good. I've been a bit lax lately, and it has made me get out training again.
Anselm Murphy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training2Run, I looked on your website and noticed your definitions of "joggers" and "runners". Thats not true! I consider myself a runner - most of my training is short-ish ( around 2.8k) and quick, around 10mins. But I always, always, always take my walkman! I just can't do it without it. I don't know how anyone does! It just gets so boring otherwise. If you are in a race thats ok because the adrenaline keeps you going, but if you are just training, running through streets, you need something to fight off the boredom. If you're listening to something good, it can help you speed up too.
If anyone has never taken a walkman when running, then try it! It really helps take your mind off the running, and you don't realise you are all that tired.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else is using your account??? Can you provide further details?

Dan
Anselm Murphy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try to post with Anselm Murphy as my name, it says:

Sorry but this username has already been taken

By the way, I can't believe how quickly you reply Dan!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I try to post with Anselm Murphy as my name, it says:

Sorry but this username has already been taken

Ah, that makes more sense. You're probably trying to post with that username as a 'guest' without logging in? If so, the program would see that name as being reserved and not allow you to use it. So really, you're fighting with yourself for your own identity ... talk about a split personality! Smile

Reminds me of a classic Gallagher line...

Dan
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anselm wrote:
I consider myself a runner - But I always, always, always take my walkman! It just gets so boring otherwise. It really helps take your mind off the running, and you don't realise you are all that tired.

Dear Anselm: If you consider yourself a runner, *You are a runner!* No argument there.

To each his own, of course. I just prefer running with a couple of actual human being other runners, and talking back and forth for two or three hours. That also makes the time fly and it isn't boring. Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Anselm Murphy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried logging in Dan, it doesnt seem to work for some reason.
Training2run: where do you find all these other runners? Do you go to an athletics club or something? The only other runner I know who lives nearby is my brother, and when I did run with him it got way too competitive and was very tiring Sad , but did produce my best time for the distance I ran.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the problem you're having, wrong username or password?

Dan
Anselm Murphy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says this after I try to log in:

"You have specified an incorrect or inactive username or an invalid password

Click Here to try again"

I realised on some of my other post my name has 1 red runner next to it and declares me to be a "water boy" what does this mean? - unprovoked insult? You have "Chief Pontificator" next to yours. Kind of makes you sound like the pope!
Anselm Murphy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to work. It had my password stored wrong, and I had forgotten that it wasnt the one which was stored. Its ok now.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! Smile

There's a thread in the Rambling Runners forum entitled "I PROTEST" that outlines what the user ranks signify. 75 to go...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: