Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
Pain on left leg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everytime after i run i seem to get a weird pain on my left leg only. its basically the right side of the shin a little below the middle of my tibia and ankle. After i run for a while it'll hurt there for a few days run or walk. This only happens on my left leg though im right handed by the way. Another thing i noticed on my left leg is my knee pops a bit like the way your knucles do same with my ankle i suppose i can make that pop at will. I can't do any of this stuff on my right leg though which is a good thing i suppose. Advice? i have no idea whats going on.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Gargamel']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like shin splints. It isn't at all uncommon for them to flare up on just one leg. Could be aggravated from things like always running on the same side of the road (angled to one side (camber)).

As far as the joint popping, just be glad it's only one! Smile I don't think I have a joint on my body that doesn't pop with regularity and volume... That includes my jaw, neck, lower back, hips, knees, ankles, wrists, elbows, shoulders, fingers, toes... I can produce cringes from bystanders like you wouldn't believe, and that's just from stretching. Shocked

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it whenever i run im feering twoard the left ALWAYS cuz i run around the same area and if i ran the other way i would be running to the right. Hmm. SOme kid told me at school if i dont let a doctor look at my knee or ankle because i was making em pop as like a joke that i was gonna get arthritis im kinda worried and im gonna see what the doctor has to say. I FEEL absolutely no pain whatso ever, think i otta go to the doc or its fine? Thanks for the good advice.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and after checking a website i most definetly have medial shin splints. http://www.clark.net/pub/pribut/spshin.html

Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Pribut's site has a lot of good information.

I really don't think you ought to worry about the joint popping. For one thing, I doubt there's anything that can be done about it. Stopping running probably won't change a thing. Second, I'm not aware of their being any conclusive connection between it and developing arthritis. At least I hope not, or I'm in trouble...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u better explain the shin splint alleviating exercise i didnt understand it that well.

Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which part don't you understand? It's basically just rotating your foot in circles both ways with resistance at all times to strengthen the small muscle groups.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: