Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
What would u do for 800m training in the summer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2001 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would u do in the summer to improve your 800m time... i run a 57 400 and a 215 800

[Anonymously Posted by: 'hoke sullivan']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found I did best when I continued my track season through mid summer, meaning interval sessions twice a week and all-comers meets once a week. If you run cross country in the fall, then that leaves a month or so to rest the legs and then build up a bit of a mileage base. A bit on the skimpy side for a focus on cross country, but not a bad balance if the spring track season is your main emphasis.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASsuming your in highschool, If you run 3 sports already (xc, indoor, and outdoor track) the last thing you want to do is race all summer. Take 2 weeks off after your last spring meet, then slowly build your distance all summer towards 50 miles a week. Don't run any races or do any speed workouts at all in july, and only run 1 or 2 three to five mile races in late august to get ready for CC. Run cross- country, and you'll have an excellent base off which to run hard indoor workouts.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Donk']
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: