Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Things that SUCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leech Boy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Daylight savings. Now when I get off work it is always dark and I hate running in the dark.

2. Runner's Trots

3. Fat people who line up at the 5-6 minute mile pace area at the start of races.

4. Missing traffic lights on a cold night on a run and having to stand there freezing.

5. Feeling a blister pop on your foot when you are just about to turn around in your out and back run and realize you are going to have to run on a raw blister all the way home.

6. Dudes who want to tear your aspirations down instead of build your confidence up.

7. Girlfriend's who gripe that you spend too much time running.

8. Having to work late and missing a run.

9. Getting all hyped to go run and then realizing you forgot your shoes at home.

10. Smokers who have no consideration.

Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Agreed.

2) Huh? Oh, I think I know...

3) I would say the same for anyone lining up at the start that doesn't belong with that pace group. When I ran Bloomsday (55,000 finishers), I finished 1,000 spots better than my seed time (which was exaggerated by about 5 minutes) and was still passing 10 year old kids at the finish. It took a minute just to reach the starting line because of that.

4) You actually stop??? Wink

5) That definitely sucks. I remember getting something like 5 blisters on one foot midway through a hot 10-miler in the hills. Sad

6) You definitely don't need that influence.

7) I'll take your word for it...

Cool Agreed. Sometimes those are good days to consider a rest day, as you usually end up sacrificing the quality of your run after a full work day.

9) Never done that, but it would suck.

10) Smokers with consideration aren't much better.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: