Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Muscle building program which has worked great for me, but??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamesxx187
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Muscle building program which has worked great for me, but?? Reply with quote

hey.. James here.. Lil about me- I'm a hardgainer standing at 6'2 who started at about 135 lbs... I remember for the longest time it seemed almost as if my body refused to allow me to gain much if any muscle mass whatsoever.. I probably spent about 4-5 months of frivelous weight training every other day trying to build muscle to pretty much no avail.. Eventually I came across the muscle building program at http://www.buildmuscle.pcti-system.com .. which I'm sure many of you also have and had similar success as I've had with it. After being on the program for a little while now I've finally seen massive progress and am currently at 165 lbs .. added 30 lbs of muscle in a relatively short amount of time. But my question is, as I'm sure many of you who are doing Vince's program know.. he doesn't exactly endorse any muscle building supplements and believes they are basically useless and way over-hyped. Now, although I've already had massive success with his program and trust his advice.. I find it hard to believe that there isn't ANY effective supplement out there which can promote significant muscle gain. I know first hand that most are bogus and give fraudulent claims.. but I know there has to be SOMETHING out there which really works. Am I wrong in this assumption? Have any of you experienced significant added results with the help of a muscle growth promoting supplement?? Any advice / comments / suggestions would be much appreciated.. and I'm not interested in any narcotic steroids either.. thanks!
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me tell you something, I used to be into bodybuilding. I've tried creatine, protein powder, and another type of protein powder with 40 grams (I forgot what brand it was). The second type was also forrtified with minerals and vitamins like 60% calcium for example. I took it for 2 months and saw no weight gain. I only took the creatine and the second type of protein when I was only running. When I was into bodybuilding, I was taking that first type of protein powder.

The results? Zilch. I barely gained any weight while bodybuilding and I'm using that example because that's when I was actually lifting weights to promote muscle growth. When I was running, I didn't gain any weight at all. I noticed no difference in my running with the creatine. It turned out that I was only taking that protein powder for the taste. I must admit, chocolate flavored protein shakes taste very good.

I went to a supplement store where they sell all kinds of bodybuilding supplements. The guys there were really buff and they were the ones that "highly reccomended" me to try out the protein shake because I would gain a lot of weight in muscle. A box had 20 packets for 20 days and it was $60. Those guys are vultures full of bs trying to sell their bogus to people naive enough to waste their money. I even asked my physician and she said that eating is what matters. She said that these supplements aren't really absorbed well by the body as much as eating a steak would. Even if you do eat like a monster, I still don't reccomend taking in costly supplements with the thought that they're just an added "bonus".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FlashPast
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i got my bulk and still had enough endurance and flexibility was to take protein "WHEY" shakes after I worked out. The program I took was maxot to increase my size and mass. That helped GREATLY with my strength and mass. While doing that, I did yoga on the side. Im about 5'10 and before i started this i weighed close to 155. Now I weigh about 175. I think its the ideal weight for me, plus im very strong for my size. Something you might want to consider!
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supplements are bogus unless you're like Ronnie Coleman. They are very expensive and somewhat synthetic. The majority of people don't need them to build muscle because it is too much and it just ends up in your urine. Your body absorbs protein better if you eat a steak or the actual food. My pharmacist told me this. The main key lies within the training you do, eating is less important. I know that a lotof people will disagree with this but I have seen people (including myself) gain muscle by just eating normally. You don't have to all of a sudden start eating huge plates to gain muscle. As long as you eat normal for your body to maintain homeostasis, you can still gain muscle. There is no reason to eat when you don't feel like it. My appetite grew only by a little bit when I started lifting because I was using up my energy. The secret lies within stimulating the muscles to grow and lifting 10 pounds 50 times or lifting 200 pounds 5 times will not accomplish that goal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: