Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Distance Den
Olympics...Gebrselassie

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Did anyone else watch the Olympic Men's 10,000m? That was one heck of a race. NBC aired it along with the Women's 5000m and some 800m Semi-Finals from 12:45 AM-2:15 AM.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Lars']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get a chance to see it, but the descriptions I've read and the results point to it having been quite something.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbeleivable - Geb is a true champion feel for tergat but hey....u cant beat this guy!.. i am from aust and saw him run the last 200 in 23 secs...phenomonal effort..

Does anyone agree Australia Sydney has put on the BEST games to date?...interested to hear your impressions of the opening ceremony??
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really takes a bad performance from Geb or a superhuman performance from someone else (or both) to beat him. How do you beat the fastest person ever over the distance, who also happens to have the fastest closing speed and probably the best tactics??? That's a tough combination.

The fans in Sydney to appear to be truly one of a kind. What was it, 50,000 people lining the marathon course? As far as the games themselves, although the non-sport stuff is playing such a large role that I'm not sure I could go so far as to call them the best ever. Of course, that's not really Sydney's fault. It seemed destined to be the case before September even rolled around. Sad

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Distance Den All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: