Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Race strategy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your favorite startegy for running the 800m? Do you try to go out fast and hope you have something left or do you sit back and kick at the end? I have watched Wilson Kipketer go through the first 400m in 49.2 this year, but then get outkicked and run the last 400 in 54 something. Was his first 49.2 mostly anaerobic?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dave M']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between Kipketer this year (coming off injury) and previous years is that he could run 48-49 and come back in 51-52. Don't be surprised to see him regain his form in the next few weeks, though...

I've experimented with sit and kick type pacing, and I've found that my second lap is the same speed regardless of how I run the first lap. So, going out slow doesn't make me finish any faster. I've sort of concluded that each person has an approach that works best for them. It usually doesn't take much trial and error to dial in on what exactly that is.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: