Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Mid-Distance Depot
How to join any championship?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Mid-Distance Depot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: How to join any championship? Reply with quote

Hello I know I dont have the strength to join the IAAF yet but how do you join any competition lol? I have absoluptely no coach or trainer and my parents won't pay for one or even sponsor me. Can you just join like a championship without a trainer or sponsorship? I wnat to make it to the Olympics soon at like 18 or 19, but to get there I need some sort of fame/sponsorship. Does anyone know of any competitions I can join without a trainer or sponsorship to gain some fame? This is the only thing that worries me- what if I have a mile time of 3:48 and I want to apply for a championship, but they won't let me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kefcho_kj
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOol you time is very good ! I'm same like you runner on 1500 and 800m , and train almost alone .Here have no one who want to training and im angry but i will continue because love running ! At the begining I phone to federation - but theres nothing ! And after many conversations I connect with one club in my country - Bulgaria ....
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw you on IAAF forums. Ye thats the biggest trouble, how to become a big runner. Lol for Olympics you need like fame in order to join no matter if your times are extraordinary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to get into all-comer's competitions first, post good enough times to get invited/qualified to the bigger meets, then place high enough to move on. It sounds to me like you need to learn a bit more about the business side of the sport before you're ready to hit those goals...

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by those you automatically get sponsored....What If the new comer competitions require to drive around 50 miles? All I know is that most are held miles away from my city.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You work with what you've got available... If no competitions are nearby, find older runners you can train and "compete" with to push yourself to the desired level.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Mid-Distance Depot All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: