Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Anaerobic percentage vs Aerobic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please give me the Aerobic percentage and Anaerobic percentage of these events??
Thanks alot!!
400m dash
800m dash
1600m dash

[Anonymously Posted by: 'cory891']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's such a thing as the 1600m *dash* yet, and the 800's still in limbo... Wink

I don't know the answers off hand, but I think the 800 is pretty close to 50/50. You might have luck looking through the Training Resources and Sports Medicine links.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that 1600 is 75/25

[Anonymously Posted by: 'lassie']

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2000 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember that the 800 distribution is more like 33%aerobic/67%anaerobic. The 1500 has a 50/50 distribution. At least thats what the older training manuals used to say. Of course much depends on the coach and system s/he believes in.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Manuel Mangani']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2000 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I run across something that contains the numbers (which probably vary by person), I'll post them here. I thought I remember hearing that the 800 has a nearly 50% aerobic capacity, but I'm not 100% positive.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2000 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure i saw it somewhere at 55% and 45% but I am not positive which is which...think it was aerobic 55% and anaerobic at 45%. Basically 50/50 I guess.
mjsbossman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2000 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a book called The Competitve Runner's Handbook. The 100m is 92% aerobic, an all out mile is 75% anaerobic, a 5K is 93% aerobic. It doesn't say that much, but there ya go, an all out mile is 75% anaerobic. Id say its more like 40% anaerobic, an all out mile is where you sprint the whole thing, which never happens.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2000 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that's what they mean by an all out mile. If it were, it would be 92% anaerobic, not 75%, and you'd be passed out 150m in...

By the way, are you sure you don't have those terms flipped? 92% anaerobic and 75% aerobic sounds more reasonable.

Dan
mjsbossman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, I flipped the 100m stats. But it does say an all out mile is 75% ANaerobic. But that can't be true. The fact is that the 800 meter is about half and half. 25% anaerobic for the mile sounds close, but I would say it is a little more because I would run near top speed for more than the last lap. Can you be in your aerobic zone and still be very tired? Dan do you know what % of your heart rate or max VO2 where running becomes anerobic?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know many of the details about that stuff, nor do I believe it's very important. You may be running as fast as possible for the last lap of a mile, but you most certainly are not running at "top speed." I believe that affectst the aerobic/anaerobic percentage.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: