Training Talk
Henry Rono's World Record Training

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I am eating corn meal for the second day and getting the knack of preparation already. It is very good.
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved some of Henry's messages from before and am posting them here:

- - - - -

Henry Rono training for masters mile record.
6/25/2006 4:37PM -- Day 22

Copper hill is up east from my house-I have to pass another a sizac hill first before copper hill.Copper is about 75-85 yards.At the degree angle of about 33%. In 1990 I used to take 77-49 seconds when I climbed.To day at the year of 2006 when I climbe now is about 90-66 seonds.But instead of looking the watch and climbing. I just start the clock and I start the hill climbing and at the end.Like the other day, I climbe for 54 minutes.

Henry

- - - - -

To JR,
It depends some I jog down, walk, it is how I feel,but going up you have to be very keen.Making nice and keen steps.it is not so much of running in a agrassive way no!The reason of running the hill is to develop hand form and leg form-movement joint together-gradually-you run very consistant you wouldn't feel it, when you are running in flat or around the track,moreover you become a free injury guy like Henry Rono.This should answer one of the questios last two weeks ago.There is reason for the hill training I'm not there looking for girls.
Henry

- - - - -

7/03/2006 -- Day 30

I just came in from the GYM,sauna 25 minutes,swiming pool 25minutes,whirlpool 25 minutes,swiming 25 minutes,and last sauna 20 minutes,sit ups 900 times. I'm closing the 30th day of training phase I

You are not losing weighs in phase I. You are finding your over weighs and also finding any other problem that you may have such as heart problems or any diseases and the weighs stability, such as mine my weigh is stable at 200lbs.Is that my racing weights?

Why do you think I was going crazy pushing as if it is not my body? What do you think I was doing? Why do I called it phase I? If you look back what I was saying.Go every word I say in discusion of my training you will know exactly what I was up to in phase I.I have to make the right path right for phase II.Am I getting you lost? I can't loose 20-40 lbs in phase I

Think about what I'm saying now.

Henry

- - - - -

Van anybody,who wants to lose alot weights in phase I is crazy.In phase II is the starting point of loosing weighs.You have clean up some shits in your system and you found stable weighs that is the get go of loosing wieghs.Phase I is a wild run of burning all kinds of feelings,bad colds such mine goes away at this point in time.You will stil have burning feeling fires in phase II,but you are ready to listen;however you need a very smart coach to walk you through phase II because it is a big obsticle or hurdle.

The firts two weeks is not easy.

- - - - -

I notice the last month before I began this training that If I don't get back to my running routing, I will be hiring doctors to teach me how to get on a wheel chair and drive nicely around the city and schools.

I learned that from my tutor who used to walk around normal. This year is wheeling around even to move around students in English tutorial lab.It started from weights,knees, back pains and before you know, you can't bend down to tie your shoe.I was heading that path last month.I choice the right path this month to burn those feelings fires in the knees cap and I'am different then last month.

Being overweights is nightmares.With you coach, you are not in that position. All you need is to strenghten your quads through hills.By climbing the hill repeat will take care your entire body. One may think you are crazy,but you are doing your-self a favour for your knees and health or else let the doctor do it for you.

I don't want the doctor to do it for me while I can.

I hope I'm makig sense.

Henry

- - - - -

How do you know you are ready to do speed?

How do you know you are ready for next level of training?

How to do know you have a base training?

Athlete has to be free from injuries to enjoy running.
The location of training is also could be a problem for your feet landing on the ground.

Athlete as young as you are it is not easy to find the sense of running feelings.Because your body is pulling and pushing training like a horse. Being young is a problem.That is why you have fractured leg.You push your body into high speed in the earlly stages.

You need to train in phases.There are five:
You need to train to get in shape for training.
You need to get addiction of physical training like a Kenya.

You probably get into endurance speed and the body is not ready for that level.If you are following my old body of my training, you should be able to have an idea of training to be a good runner without injuries.From there you will enjoy the running sports.
Henry

- - - - -

Van, I'm on phase II training.
I got up warm up: 35wr+61hc+12wd=108
The morning section training is at above.

Phase I consist of Tramway runs feeling burning fires in the knees,hips,knee caps,tendonts all that burning fires below the beer belly.

Phase II consist of going a long up copper hills,turn right start the clock warm up for 35 minutes + hill climbe 61 minutes +warm down 12 minutes.

Quiz:
The feeling burning fires are where in my body today?
What do you think I'm burning feeling fires at this stage of training?

After I finish warm-down I walk home for two blocks. I'm in front of computer drinking orange juice mix with water.

I'm resting for the second section of training today.

Henry
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly a 4 minute improvement in the mile in one week?? Did I read that right?

Dan
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7/3/2006 6:34PM -- Day 31

The feelings burning fires from the chest, lungs and stomatch that is the answer.
Closing the 31 day at phase II training.
You know the morning section:35wr+61hc+12wd=108 minutes

Afternoon section track/Academy 1 mileX5
1)10:25 minutes
2)8:25 minutes
3)7:39 minutes
4)7:30 minutes
5)7:06 minutes

Three minutes intervals

I will sleep good to night, I hope.
Feeling burning fires in the kidnes and around the weist
Sweating too much like a rain, raining on me.wet allover my body.
This is phase II assignments for HR

Henry

Last edited by johnlvs2run on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skuj
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

test
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conway, did you mean you were following Henry's career when you were a youngster or when he was a youngster?? Wink

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if Henry's website has been posted here.

I typed in ronorun.com and it comes up as the internationalsports institute.net/

Go to new page 4 for a thrilling account of the 10K race between Rono and Salazar.

Paul

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry's training -- Day 41 / yesterday

The 41 day of training went like this.It began in the morning at 5 am 17minwr+60minhc+15minwd=92 minutes first section of training in the morning.

11 am 25mw-up Intervals:1 mile x2:7:35 min,and 6:40 min
200mx4:45,44,45,43
.second section training in the afternoon

Evening training 21mw-up intervals:200mx12:47,46,45,43,43,43,43,43,44,45,42,42,short rest of 30second.Evening section oftraining.

Brought my weight 200lbs-197.9lbs after sauna

That was it for today.Phase II is very critical you have to get the right numbers for my registery in my old-memory of running.

Henry

Last edited by johnlvs2run on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry's training

To learning to Crawl,
You are right learning to crawl,walk,jog,and evetaully run.
This is ,how teach kids.This is how, I will comeback as kid.Can you image last week I was running 200m x5 :60-53 second,so it is a great progress after seven days.
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry's training / Day 42 today

I was sore this morning I ran 100 minutes:34mwr+50mhc+I6mwd=100 minutes.

I have a 1500 meter on Sunday here in New Mexico,at UNM track.It is Master Meet at 6 PM.
Based on my intervals yesturday, what time do you think I will run?

With intervals of 1 milex2:735,6:40 and 200mx12:47-42 seconds.Can you make prediction?

By the way today is the 42 day of training and I'm ending my six weeks of work-training.

Phase II I have complited 12 days.

henry

Last edited by johnlvs2run on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed by how much volume he's cranking out, given the obvious lack of conditioning. That has to be tough on the pride and motivation.

Guesses on a 1500 time... I'll say about 5:17.

Dan
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: 1500m time trial - Sunday evening Reply with quote

My prediction is 5:55. Looks like Henry is getting psyched up for it though.

Friday / Day 42

I will take a day off tomorrow,but sunday I will do the at 5 am for 90 minutes hill climbing to create muscle elasticity.

Remember the 6:40 minutes/mile yesturday.This 1500 meters is less 100 metere which is 20 seconds so 6:40 is like 6:20 minutes for 1500 meters.

But remember the running psychics is different than doing intervals.I still carrying 197-200lbs.

By sunday and taking a day off what time can you make of predictions after many considerations of full strengh that sunday evening at 6 pm?

This is my first time since 1978.

Henry

Saturday - Day 43

I will run no minutes todays,until tomorrow morning when I will warm-up really-really hard to the max-wait all-day until 6pm evening UNM, then warm-up again then hit it hard the 1500m -Then,What will be the time?

Henry

My prediction will come out after the race.I have three predictiing times. I want you to guest them,nothing in six minutes.What are those times will be?

Henry

let us wait and see the results after 6pm tomorrow.
Thanks and a nice night!

Henry
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6:40 is more like 6:10, but who's counting... If he can do that as an interval effort, surely he can take off 30 seconds or more. My first thought was 5:27, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt due to past accomplishments. I don't think a 5:50-6:00 runner could hit those workouts, and I know 5:30 types that probably couldn't, either.

Dan
S_Fox
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude is training unbelievably hard, how the hell does he do it?
I would probably drop down from exhaustion doing his sessions.
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albuquerque temperature will be 92 at 6 pm, with humidity of 15% and dew point of 42 degrees.

The low humidity should help, and Henry is used to this anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: