Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
What goes through your mind while you're running?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing a project for school about the mental aspect of running. It would really help me out if I could find out what thoughts go through your mind while you run or anything else you want to add. Thank You!

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Beth Autrey']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mixture of positive and negative! When it's going well, the thoughts are largely positive. On days when it's a struggle to maintain pace, it's an equal struggle not to acknowledge how bad you feel. You have to listen to your body, but you also have to be able to ignore it.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound silly for someone who is 43 years old, but I dream of winning races when I run. I try to imagine what it would be like to win the Boston Marathon or the Olympic Marathon or any old race for that matter. I also think about my training and plan how I want it to evolve over the next couple of weeks and prepare me for my next race. Unlike some people, I DO NOT think about work or personal problems when I run. My time running is for running only.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent approach! Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

durring more intense runs i think about beating my rivals and the times im going for but on easy days i just chat with teamates

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think about depends on whether I am racing competitively, or training. In an actual race, all I can think about is how much by calves are burning, how I need more oxygen, how my intestines are about to explode...and how first place will make up for all the pain. In a casual run, I'll envision a race, and picture myself passing my rivals in a glorious kick.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'DelawareXC']
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: