Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Mini marathon training

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
I am 6-7 and weigh 240 lbs. and am 48 years old. I took up running about a year ago just to stay in shape. I run 4 miles daily at 7-8 min. pace 5 days a week. I would like to train to run some mini marathons but i have no idea how many miles a week i should run to prepare myself for this. I also wanted to ask you what would be a good weight for my height to be a quicker runner?
Thank you, Bill

[Anonymously Posted by: 'William Clark']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

What distance are you referring to when you say a mini marathon -- a half marathon? The distance you plan to run definitely will affect your preferable training distance.

You're certainly a big guy (I'd love to be 6'7"), but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. We have a collegiate national champ decathlete who is 6'8", pretty well built, and runs a faster 1500m in the tenth event than many Olympians do! It all depends on the individual.

My theory is that if you train well, your body will find its natural running weight.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
I am wanting to run in half marathons. I am interested in some kind of training program to prepare me for this distance. The kind of mileage i need to put in?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'William Clark']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half marathons aren't exactly my cup of tea, but here are some training programs that might help:

Hal Higdon
Jeff Galloway

Best of luck,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: