Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
I HAVE A DREAM!!!!! (track on TV)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it is this...

That on September 1st of this year every man, woman, and child who is participating in any way shape or form in the sport of track and field is going to drop a letter addressed to ESPN in the mailbox, demanding that they show more track and field. I am going to let the media know about this. This is real. This is going to happen. Count on it.

Stay tuned for updates....

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Chucky']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More power to you! Smile

Did you see the recent announcement that PAX will be showing "much" of the Olympic Trials in addition to NBC's coverage? It's probably just an Olympic year thing, but I'm hopeful that it is the start of a broadcasting trend.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Dan, I did see that and I nearly did a backflip when I read it. And it would be great if that was a growing trend, but, like you said, it's probably just because of the Olympics and then TV will go back into it's lethargy toward T&F.

I still plan on cultivating what I'm now calling "Letters From The Sky Day". Hopefully, on that day, letters will be "raining from the sky" onto the heads of the programmers at ESPN and convince them once and for all that people do want to see track on TV. Somehow they've brainwashed themselves into thinking that there is no audience for it, and hopefully this will snap them out of it. I've begun e-mailing the prominent people in T&F (Hill at TNF News, Masback at USATF, etc. and anyone else I can find the e-mail address of) and trying to get the word out about it. The key to this whole thing is getting the word out all over the country (and Canada, too!). If you could pass the word along to a person or two (or a hundred!) that would be great. It may not work, but at least we will have given it a shot. And, who knows, it might even make a difference.

Chuck

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Chuck']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chuck,

You might want to check out the t-and-f email discussion group. It has anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 very enthusiastic fans of the sport who are always looking to ruffle someone's feathers over the lack of t&f coverage. Wink

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2000 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dan! That was a great link. I have now subscribed and will soon be sending an email to everyone on the list. Thanks again!

Chuck

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Chuck']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2000 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. You'll probably see my name on occasion. I've been subscribed to the list for four or five years now.

Dan
CHSMile
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe...sounds like Track and Field trading cards are on the way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: