Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
A question about B race scoring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGlyde
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: A question about B race scoring. Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

im just wondering if and how points are determined from runners in a B race. is it

A) If runners in a B race run faster than runners in the A race they count as top 8 and get points

OR

B) If there are less than 8 runners in the A race then the top few in the B race are used to make up the 8.

Because after looking at the points for the womens 400m at Lausanne, Yerfemova was given 8th place, which indicates scenario B, that she was only put in because there were seven runners (because she has the 5th fastest time) and because Sherika Williams (6th fastest time) wasnt put in at all.

However.

Looking at the mens 100m at Lausanne Berdnard Williams finished 8th at 10:51 in the A race, but Patrick Jarrett (10.33 winner of the B race) was given the 8th place points.

Sorry if thats all too confusing but hard to explain and i am confused myself about how it works.

Thanks,
Jay
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to excuse me for being a bit slow of brain right now, after an extremely physically and emotionally taxing week and spending all last night driving home, but I don't see the contradiction in your example... If there are multiple heats for an event, the top 8 performances are taken regardless of heat size or primary heat designation. The only "exception" is if it is a prelims/finals setup, in which case prelims count for nothing.

I actually had one of my 800m guys bumped out of a top-8 spot in the last meet because a couple guys in the 2nd heat ran faster.

Dan
TheGlyde
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A question about B race scoring. Reply with quote

TheGlyde wrote:

Because after looking at the points for the womens 400m at Lausanne, Yerfemova was given 8th place, which indicates scenario B, that she was only put in because there were seven runners (because she has the 5th fastest time) and because Sherika Williams (6th fastest time) wasnt put in at all.

As far as i can tell (looking on this page http://run-down.com/fantasy/index.php?go=top_athletes&event=6) the points given for the Lausanne womens 400m were
1 Sanya Richards
2 Tonique Williams-Darling
3. Christine Amertil
4. Monique Hennegan
5. Ronatta Smith
6. No-one? Lorraine Fenton finished in front of Bintou Fall though
7. Fatou Bintou Fall
8. Antonio Yerfemova

But based off the results page http://www.athletissima.ch/content/view/210/209/lang,en/ The Womens 400m at Lausanne, based on Performances 1 to 8 would have been:

1 RICHARDS, Sanya USA 49.95
2 WILLIAMS-DARLING, Tonique BAH 50.14
3 AMERTIL, Christine BAH 50.98
4 HENNAGAN, Monique USA 51.20
5 YEFREMOVA, Antonina UKR 51.51 (1st in B Race)
6 WILLIAMS, Sherika JAM 51.76 (2nd in B Race)
7 SMITH, Ronetta JAM 52.72 (5th in A Race)
8 NAEF, Martina SUI 53.07 (3rd in B Race)

Sorry if i didnt explain it every well, or am i looking at wrong results or something?

Jay
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something looks screwy in the results as I entered them, but I honestly have zero interest in trying to figure out or fix it at this minute, so I'll have to look at it later and rescore things. Thanks for the catch, and sorry to be so useless right now.

Dan
TheGlyde
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan & no probs,

i was just trying to figure out if my man Dwight Thomas had any chance to score since hes only in the B race and when i tried to figure out how it worked i stumbled across the above...

J
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think it's fixed now. I royally screwed up the combined list on that event... At least it didn't affect which athletes scored (blind luck), just their order and times. If I wasn't asleep or on medication when I did that, I should be now. Rolling Eyes

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: