Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Gaz de France Meeting on Saturday 26th February

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Gaz de France Meeting on Saturday 26th February Reply with quote

Greene and Leonard Scott competing again in the Men's 60m. This tiem they are accompanied by Dwight Phillips, Freddie Mayola, Morne Nagel, Kaaron Conwright and this season's Indoor 60m World-leader Ronald Pognon.

http://www.athle.gazdefrance.com/?lang=fr&p=infos&c=articles&op=show_article&id=164506

And this just in (which is not a joke in case you were wondering), Dwight Phillips just ran 6.47 for the 60m in the Madrid meeting. Sidenote: Phillips has put the Fastest Indoor 60m time ever by a Long Jumper.

Givne the recent happenings (Karlshure, Birmingham & Madrid), Saturday night's Gaz de France meeting should be great, I just hope that it isn't an anti-climax...I wish good luck to all those that run, but most of my wishes go out to my fav. sprinter; Mo Greene Laughing
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard Scott won by around a metre in a New PR for him (6.46) from Maurice Greene (6.55) and Pognon, who was closing fast after a slightly cautious start, probably because of the early false start which was pinned agaisnt one of the lesser-experienced athletes.

AJ was beaten by Ladji Doucouré's fantastic 7.43 60mh win (which did flash up 7.41 unofficially until it was rounded-up by 0.02)...

For action in the short races, the meeting tonite was great.

Also, I got the rare chance to see the Indoor 300m being ran. It is a very strange race indeed, and the athletes broke lanes quite late into the race. Nevertheless, it was interesting to watch.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott seems to be on quite a tear this indoor season. Maybe this is the year he catches up with ol' teammate Justin Gatlin?

Dan
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAAF Report is probably the best one for this meet;

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=28681.html

Three women at 7.97 in the 60mh is good for depth in one race, and a solid return for Felicien in third place with 7.97 after she ran 8.01 last weekend, but (without sounding too harsh on today's current crop of female hurdlers) the standards have slowly fallen since women were running regular 7.8 and the odd-7.7 here and there. Any suggestions why?
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good meet ... Scott is the real deal and I expect to see him at 9.95 or better this year ... He ran 10.01 last year and was on the verge of true elitness after less than a full season with Smith ... He should be one of the top five guys this year ...

Doucoure had a major breakthrough in my opinion ... The start has not been his strong suit in the past ... If he can consistently hit it like this he could end up being the number one man this year ... Liu and Johnson better watch out ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Smith, I assume? I didn't realize that's where Scott has been training...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Scott's with HSI ... He and Mo are training partners .... I expect both under 10 this eyar ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see a possible HSI resurgence.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will see .... They thought they had John Capel this season but John ended up staying with Holloway down in Florida ... Sprint Capitol picked up Marcus Brunson and Dwight Thomas to go with Crawford and Gatlin ... So HSI is sort of treading water at the moment ... The lost Drummond last year and Boldon this year ... So they really need to pick up another sprinter or two before Mo retires - which could be any season coming up ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight Thomas is a strong addition.

I think Ato was lost 4+ years ago... Maybe they can lure Asafa Powell over, not that he fits the prototypical HSI build.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asafa is not going anywhere (though I think he should) ... He is Jamaica's treasure at the mment and they aren't letting him go anywhere ... And Franno has him sewn up and isn't letting his meal ticket out of his site ..

I think Asafa would benefit from leaving the island and actually going with Sprint Capitol (as they have sprinters more like him in size and style) ... But ain't gonna happen ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: