Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
thoughts for 2005 Fantasy season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Tenner
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: next season :) Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, guys.

My goal is to help develop a reasonable scoring model for a range of field events by next year.... Smile
And here's where I will post anything that might help us debate/develop such a scoring model: Now....any mathematicians out there? Smile

GT

PS - the IAAF table link I posted earlier does contain the RAW SCORING TABLES for each performance on track or in the field; just like a dec/hep table. Then, on top of this, other factors are applied (eg place in event, quality of meet, 'rolling factor' from last year) which may then be used for devising world ranking scores and positions.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to run some numbers on the Hungarian formula Pat Hoffman has listed on that 3rd to last link. I don't remember him having it when I first spoke with him about the scoring models, so it might be a new one he since came up with, or it might be one I've already tried and just don't remember... Wait, scratch that, I remember now; same stuff as before.

Quote:
The constants are not given in the book but can be calculated by regression analysis from the tables. The book has table values for field events and specific tables for women's events.

That's the key missing ingredient. Without knowing those constants, there's no way to use the formula.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: