Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Lausanne (7/6) Start Lists

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Lausanne (7/6) Start Lists Reply with quote

Nothing much to see yet, but here's the link.

Micah and Paul will be happy to see ElG and Bekele confirmed. I don't have anyone listed... Actually, I take that back. The individual event links look to have been updated with start lists. The above link just shows highlighted athletes.

http://www.athletissima.ch/content/view/60/68/

I've got Zakari, Thomas, and Powell in the 100, Obikwelu in the 200, Ramzi in the 1500, and Amertil in the 400. I'll be lucky if that's enough to hold steady at #26, let alone move up... Once the US Trials are over, though, watch out. Smile

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm ... I might not do too bad ... I have entered:

Ato Boldon
Asafa Powell
Francis Obikwelu
William Yiampoi
Ivan Heshko
Tonique Williams
Inga Babakova

I might do ok !!!!! Thumbs Up
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be good for 750-800 at worst, which I imagine would move you up another 20 spots or so. I'm hoping for 800 out of my crew, but that's barely enough to keep up with the Joneses in the 20's...

Dan
TheGlyde

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im liking my lineup... Very Happy

Mens 100m
D. Thomas
A. Boldon
A. Powell
N. Asahara
V. De Lima

Mens 200m
L. Julius
F. Obikwelu

Mens 800m
A. Reina

Womens 100m
S. Simpson

Womens 1500m
Z. Fuentes-Pila

Womens 400m
T. Williams
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got several I know nothing about, but those numbers are quite promising for a strong meet.

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy moly, I just took a look at your roster ... I thought I was heavy in the sprints! Surprised You've got 9 guys in the 100 and another 10 in the 200. It doesn't fall off much from there with 7 guys in the 800... 7 women in the 100 and another 5 women in the 400. But that pales in comparison to the 10 women in the HJ!!

I'm impressed. I haven't looked through many of the rosters, but I imagine yours is tough to beat for sheer volume.

Dan
GoldGoldGold
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo-hoo, I like the look of that leader-board..

speaking of rosters with sheer volume....!! Smile

Asahara 100
Bailey 100
Simpson 100
Songkok 1500
Chrichir 1500
Yegorova 1500
Cioncan 1500
Lischinska 1500
Amertil 400
Regis 400
Yiampoy 800
Rotich 800
Slesarenko HJ
Babakova HJ

looks like an ok meet for me in Lausanne..

Who cares is Maurice Greene, Ivet Lalova, Elvan Abeylegesse and others are yet to start their Euro seasons Smile
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured you'd like your new perch... Not bad for volume, but similar to what Conway and I can boast. Yours just has an excellent level of quality mixed in...

I was looking at Yegorova in the 1500, thinking that purchase price was rather appealing. I didn't think she'd run it more than once or twice during the season, though. Was it common knowledge she'd be focusing on the shorter event this year, or just a lucky guess?

Dan
GoldGoldGold
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a lucky guess. I often find that athletes drop down in distance thru the GP series. (many cos they don't have much choice..) It's a lottery though...

I chose quite a few 'journey-men' (and women) as (I think) they will be more likely to start in a range of GL meets. Others concentrating on the Olympics might well only run once or twice, so won't be great value thru the season.

I think I managed a decent list with lots of quality. Some of my bargains from last year (eg Eliud Kipchoge) were priced out of the market in 2004. I like the new format cos you can get a long list with lots of quality athletes at bargain prices. Well done Dan!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Lots of no-brainers last year were tough calls this year. Bekele would've been on everyone's roster if not for the through the roof purchase price -- indicative of a WR challenge every time he toes the line.

A small detail that may have gone unnoticed is that the cash available did not change from last year. The top end athlete pricing went up about 60-70%, but the bottom end dropped way down, allowing for much larger rosters.

I have a hunch we'll see more leap frogging in the standings as this season plays out.

Dan
TheGlyde

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: hehe... Reply with quote

Yeah i stocked up big time, i havent played before, but i made a decision not to go for any athlete over $4000 and go for quantity over quality (hence my army)... i think Crawford in the 200m is my most expensive buy... About 8 of those 10 High Jumpers add up to about $100 i was just trying to squeeze out ecery last dollar and basically bought anyone who had a height on the IAAF 2004 list... And yeah im sprint heavy as i dont have a tremendous knowledge of anything more than one lap Very Happy

I also made a decision to try and stay away from Kenyan distance runners and US sprinters for the most part (with some exceptions i couldnt pass up like Crawford/Green etc) because with so many of them its hard to know which will get a run... especially in Athens.

J
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many players used the High Jump to fill out their rosters. I took Graeme's lead and did that with mine. Now, if I could just take Graeme's lead and run a 2:01 800, I'd be set!! Thumbs Up

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the HJ filled out a lot of rosters. Indirectly, it's why I stayed away from the event ... too few scorers (top 8) rack up any performance bonus points. Lots of people just making an average mark but doing nothing of note, thus all the low priced athletes on the IAAF list.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pricing definitely made for a different shopping mentality this time around ... Just didn't seem to make sense to me to spend a lot of money on just a few people ...

And yes Dan I DID notice that the amount of money available was the same ... But the fact that were so many bargains did negate that tremendously ... Will see after the next couple of events how well the strategizing paid off ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good eye. Smile

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: