Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
"The Fastest Man In The World" CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffh
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: "The Fastest Man In The World" CD Reply with quote

For my brithday a friend gave me a CD entitled "The Fastest Man In The World", that list all the 100 meter OG medal winners up to 1996.It also has a video clip of the 100 meter finals starting with 1912.Its a really cool CD.I also got a pair of strength shoes that blast my calves like nothing else I've ever tried.I really believe it will increase my speed although the published claims are absurd.
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Fastest Man In The World" CD Reply with quote

jeffh wrote:
For my brithday a friend gave me a CD entitled "The Fastest Man In The World", that list all the 100 meter OG medal winners up to 1996.It also has a video clip of the 100 meter finals starting with 1912.Its a really cool CD.

Wow!!!

That sounds like a great CD!

Can anyone else think of having the pleasure of Jesse Owens, Bob Hayes, Valeri Borzov, King Carl, Big Ben, Linford, Donovan amonst others on one disc! It's a sprint fan's dream...

And by the way, cool trainers.
They sound great.
What make are they?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a commercially available CD or something that was made from various sources by your friend (or someone else)? Sounds pretty cool.

Dan
jeffh
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Fastest Man In The World" CD Reply with quote

X King wrote:

And by the way, cool trainers.
They sound great.
What make are they?

Strength Systems Inc.

The CD is commercially available.[/quote]
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Is that a commercially available CD or something that was made from various sources by your friend (or someone else)? Sounds pretty cool.

Dan

From what jeffh implies in his first post, it seems that someone made it for him from various sources.

By the way Dan did you recieve my 'Change of 10m Splits' e-mail???
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'll let you know when I get it re-posted.

Dan
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all those races on a video tape (plus the races since 96) ... I first video taped them back around 1988 or so ... The people that produce Greenspan's Olympic Moments did the men's 100 .. Then shortly after the 96 games they edited it and added a couple more games as well as some of the women's sprints - from like 72 forward .. They also added soem 200 and 400 races - selected ones ... Wink ...
jeffh
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conway wrote:
I have all those races on a video tape (plus the races since 96) ... I first video taped them back around 1988 or so ... The people that produce Greenspan's Olympic Moments did the men's 100 .. Then shortly after the 96 games they edited it and added a couple more games as well as some of the women's sprints - from like 72 forward .. They also added soem 200 and 400 races - selected ones ... Wink ...

The coolest thing about the CD is not the rarity oF the races but the convenience of watching Paddock win the finals and switching too Hayes WR,OG which takes about 2 seconds to switch.You can watch 5 or 6 races
in 2 minutes or less.

I can't believe the soreness in my calves from the strength shoes.I hitting the gym hard right now(I thinking of competing in another bodybuilding contest)and I do alot of calve work so I was suprised at the pump and soreness I'm getting from the shoes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: