Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
why hasnt the lge been updated since rome??

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gav

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: why hasnt the lge been updated since rome?? Reply with quote

why hasnt the lge been updated since the rome golden league??
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because our adminstrator Dan is on vacation ... Should be back soon ...
Aron Falconer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: BS Reply with quote

profanity removed by Dan
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please refrain from posts such as the last one. It is low class and not worthy of this forum.
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: BS Reply with quote

quoted profanity removed by Dan

___You think something else, but all the above post does is make you look stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Alex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comment was a joke get a sense of humor. I'm sorry if the F word affended you. But with all the crap on the internet it's not that big of a deal and if it is there should be a language sensor on these message boards.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: BS Reply with quote

quoted profanity removed by Dan

If you feel that way then why are you here in the forum ?? Outbursts like that are not necessary and will only get you banned ... You obviously are here for a reason so do not jeopardize your stay ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the moderator is gone for a few days and the cowards waste no time crawling out of the woodwork. Way to ensure you'll never be a welcome member of this community. :t-:

Quote:
The comment was a joke get a sense of humor.

That's just about the lamest response I've ever heard. Don't accuse others of having no sense of humor when you obviously are taking no responsibility for your words, especially when the words haven't even the slightest hint of humor to them.

As you've all no doubt guessed, I'm back from vacation and should have Fantasy results updated today.

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone is wondering, here is the "identity" of our friendly neighborhood punk, who no doubt would rather remain anonymous:

Alex Sprague
email edited out

I'm all for confidentiality, but idiots deserve no respect...

Dan

Last edited by Dan on Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dan. This guy wants to excuse his comments by refering to all the other stuff on the internet. Well there is a lot of junk out there on the internet...and that is the reason this forum is so good....it doesn't have all that other garbage that is out there.
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my second post I put my name, so I wasn't trying to hide. And this is a open forum so I can say what I want. And like I wrote earlier if that stuff isn't wanted put some kind of sensor on the message boards like ESPN so that it can't be posted. In every fantasy league I've ever been in people write that kind of crap all the time. And what did my place have to do with anything. I filled out my roster way before the season started and never changed it before it started. The only reason I check this site is to see how my friends are doing. And you can't post peoples email addresses to the public without there permission because of privacy rules. If I got hate mail because of this I could sue you for giving out my address. I saw a case about this even though it sounds ridiculous. I wouldn't because I really don't care, but had it been my work email I would care.

As far as I know it freedom of speech is still allowed. I had know clue you dorks would get so bent out of shape over a little joke. You take this fantasy forum a little to seriously you need to get lives. And I really don't care if you kick me off. Also all the athletes I've ever trained now and in the the past cuss and make fun of things all the time. Not everyone is going to like you and might write something mean but you don't need to cry about it. You could just delete it off the forum and forget about it.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't understand the concept of wording your thoughts as appropriate to the audience, then there's no point carrying this discussion on any further. I don't care how you or others speak in private; this is a public forum.

Quote:
And this is a open forum so I can say what I want.

You are only free to say what you want as long as you abide by the rules of good ettiquete, which you clearly are incapable of. Therefore freedom of speech justifications are nonsense. You have no constitutional right to come in here and cuss.

Quote:
And you can't post peoples email addresses to the public without there permission because of privacy rules. If I got hate mail because of this I could sue you for giving out my address.

Fire away. You've already crossed the idiot threshold. It's not like I can lose any more respect for you... Funny how posting your name and email made you open up and explain yourself a bit more though, eh?

Quote:
...you need to get lives.

Typical trolling. :t-: Good knowing ya.

Dan
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, What this guy fails to understand is that we try to hold the discussions on this forum to a higher standard than most. Of course there is the freedom of speech and the open forum concepts, but those concepts do not in and off themselves make any post appropriate. Just because someone has the freedom and opportunity to say a particular thing does not mean that particular thing has to be accepted. And if he wishes to criticize us for not accepting his standards then I proudly accept that criticism. There are many times and places that I have used profanity but the Run-Down Forum is not one where I would consider it appropriate. Thanks Dan for keeping things on the high road.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things have taken an interesting, albeit not in the least bit surprising, turn. From a private email this morning:

Quote:
Hi, this is the real Alex Sprague. I got to work today and was told to look at your meesage board. My best friend that is staying with me and my wife posted those remarks. To make a long story somewhat short. You see my friends and I always mess with each other and write posts pretending we're another one of our friends. So my friend got on my computer and got into the message board but it's always logged on as me. He wrote those things and then tried to take some of the heat off of me when you posted my email.

Because the email does appear to be legitimate (I won't post who exactly Alex Sprague is, other than by name), I will honor the request and clean up previous posts in the thread. However, I must reiterate the trolling comment. This fits so perfectly into the typical trolling pattern that it's laughable. A) Anonymous poster flames others and/or uses profanity. B) Anonymous poster takes no responsibility when hit with backlash and claims it was a joke. C) When pushed further, it turns out anonymous poster was really faking someone's identity. Gee, pretty original.

As you can no doubt tell, I'm far from swayed by the above explanation, but I will let it go. But for the next idiot that comes along, be forewarned that I'll be similarly distrustful and won't be pulling any punches... Those of you who think it's fun to impersonate each other on public forums and use that as an excuse to be childish, well, I've got news for you: Plan on having to defend your reputation on a regular basis, because you certainly won't be making any friends.

Quote:
What this guy fails to understand is that we try to hold the discussions on this forum to a higher standard than most.

Yep. I suppose it's asking too much for people to actually take the time to determine what said standards are before posting immature gibberish...

Dan
Decastar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Losers Reply with quote

I think Alex's post was the funniest thing I ever read and I encourage all to follow in similar fasion. F#@k you Dan!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: