Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Next Meet: Meeting Gaz de France 7/4

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Next Meet: Meeting Gaz de France 7/4 Reply with quote

http://www.athle.gazdefrance.com/EN/Home/

Dan
VaultCam
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Lausanne was not too bad for me. Though I thought Bergqvist was meant to be competeing and Lobinger's no height was not planed.

Currently I am wishing I had spent some money on Markov and he was cheep and if can keep that form up without injuring himself he will be great value for anyone who has him.

Can't wait for Friday as Good Thing moves further up the ladder. I figure while the first few places are a long way ahead I am only 400 points out of the top 10.

Cam

P.S. Dan, the only thing I don't like about your team is Pitman as there is no way she is running another 400m. Besides that your luck will change and that top 100 will be yours!!
Go You Good Thing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Hurry up Paris! Reply with quote

VaultCam wrote:
Can't wait for Friday as Good Thing moves further up the ladder. I figure while the first few places are a long way ahead I am only 400 points out of the top 10.

I can't wait either! Wink 10 starters listed (and 9 more for Rome the week after) so I might vault a couple of teams.

My cheapies have been great value with Markov, Kipchoge and Yelesina all scoring well. Hopefully, Patrick Johnson will do at least as well. Good to see him down to run in St Denis, Rome, Stockholm and Zurich (and some non fantasy meets) before the World Champs. Thumbs Up

GT

PS - a question for Dan. If someone breaks the WR in a heat of a meet (or the Worlds) but runs slower in the final, which time counts for points? I'm guessing finals only.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9-10 athletes entered in upcoming meets? Wow, that's some major points. Those were some brilliant low priced picks you made. Thumbs Up

I was looking at Markov, too, and thinking he will probably be one of the top "value" athletes when all is said and done. It's looking like Derek Miles might carry my squad, though, so I can't complain about missing one vault gem.

Quote:
Dan, the only thing I don't like about your team is Pitman as there is no way she is running another 400m.

You don't think so? I picked her on the assumption that she'd be splitting her time between the 400 and 400h, and she hasn't disappointed so far...

Quote:
If someone breaks the WR in a heat of a meet (or the Worlds) but runs slower in the final, which time counts for points? I'm guessing finals only.

That's a good question that hasn't really been address up until now. I can't think of any reasonable way to handle it other than to only count finals marks, as that's what the placing is based on. In the past, when there have been separate non-finals heats in meets, I've combined the top 8 performances for the scoring spots (as was done by the Lausanne results crew). If they advance to a final, then only the final heat is counted.

Dan
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

____Patrick Johnson, Bucher, Garcia, Lobinger and Green should eventually score some points for my team. I hope that there will be more members of my virtual team participating in the meeting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
nicktyerman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: My distance guys and girls. :( Reply with quote

My distance runners are not running to much over in Europe. Sorry picking on my part. I figured I could get some major points from Reginia and Suzy in the 1500. Then Jearl Miles-Clark and Teter in the 800. I hope they start racing soon. Just Glad Krummanacker is there. I am really looking forward to seeing Torres over there soon.

Nick
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine Suzy will still do fairly well for you, but Regina is a very risky pick, in my opinion. Your 800 duo would be very strong if both raced, but they seem to be running more 400's and 1500's, respectively, of late.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed away from everything over 800 this year ... Killed me last year ... Also stayed away from the field events, except for Berquist as she seems to like to compete ... So far doing much better ... Although I heard today that Guevara will only be running in two events prior to Worlds and neither is on the circuit ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, that's a big hit to the Fantasy pocketbook. :t-: Any word on Kipketer yet?

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing on Kipketer ... Would like to see him at least a couple of times before Worlds even if he isn't on my squad ... Wondering if he can get close to his outstanding form of his WR season ...
Pavvka
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the deal with Mutola? She's no longer on the Paris GL start lists. I can't believe she would give up on a huge chance for the Golden League jackpot just like that... I hope she's not injured - that would be a huge blow for my team Crying or Very sad
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of any injury... Not like her to back out of a race, though. Neutral

Dan
Go You Good Thing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Mutola in Paris Reply with quote

Mutola is on the IAAF start lists at:

http://www.iaaf.org/GLE03/results/eventCode=3006/index.html

GT
Pavvka
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mutola in Paris Reply with quote

Go You Good Thing wrote:
Mutola is on the IAAF start lists at:

http://www.iaaf.org/GLE03/results/eventCode=3006/index.html

GT

Thanks, that gives me some hope Smile Guess we'll just have to wait and see if she runs...
BTW, the IAAF lists differ a lot in general from those given on the web site of the meet. I'm really confused now as to who on my team will and will not compete.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think the meet site would be more up to date than the IAAF summary site, but then again, the meets may be pulling a lot of their data from the IAAF...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: