Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Next Meet: Lausanne Athletissima 7/1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 1595.69 Andre Sammartino ClearlyBrieTime
5 1544.64 Graham Thomas Gold Gold Gold

???

Bit of an Aussie rivalry up at the top!

Dan
Go You Good Thing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Aussie Revelry ;) up the top Reply with quote

I reckon the real rivalry is with the Tskiliri Twin Teams - at 1 & 2 Wink I'm gonna take them by Rome too!

GT

Please God, even though I have nothing against Olijars, it would help me immensely if he could hit a few hurdles (or better still, Chris Phillips) during races over the next week or three... Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the Tskiliri reference... Confused Very similar rosters for the top 2 teams, but I figure that's just coincidental to them having been [obviously] based on the Athens start lists. I expect them to come back to the pack with each meet...

Dan
Andre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, is suspect my currently well-performing team will also stumble this week as the thin field in Lausanne hurts me...

Unofficial Paris fields are also up:
http://www.athle.gazdefrance.com/EN/News/Articles/story_107554.shtml
Andre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list in more complete in French Exclamation

http://www.athle.gazdefrance.com/Infos/Articles/story_107554.shtml
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre, trying to figure out who's going to show up when is 90% of the battle! Smile You've obviously done better than me at it thus far.

Hey, I see 6 of my athletes on the Paris list. Surprised If nothing else, I should challenge for an unofficial record of most points in one event, having Torri Edwards, Kelli White, and Angela Williams all entered in the 100. Kelli didn't look too good in her last race at Gateshead, though... Also Derek Miles, Kelly Holmes, and Patrick Johnson.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW ... I have 5 in Lausanne and 8 in Paris !!! I could actually get in the thick of me things ... Much better than last year when no one showed up for me .... And I helped design this thing !!!
Andre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only three in Lausanne and 8 in Paris... not happy with Kwalia shifting back down to 1500m nor with Lishchinska no-showing in paris (doesn't she want the gold bars?!?!)
Go You Good Thing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Tsiklitiria Twins (correcting my earlier bad spelling) Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I don't get the Tsiklitiria reference... Confused Very similar rosters for the top 2 teams, but I figure that's just coincidental to them having been [obviously] based on the Athens start lists. I expect them to come back to the pack with each meet... Dan

Dan I called 'em 'Tsiklitiria Twins' cos:

a) (as you said) their teams consisted of mostly the same athletes (one extra for one team), almost all of whom were confirmed starters in Tsiklitiria.

b) their entire teams are made up of only track runners - from 100m to 800m - with no distance or field athletes of any kind

c) most of the athletes in their teams that differ are from the same event group - ie almost 'alternates' for that event

So, I called em 'twins' cos they had very very similar thoughts about who went in their teams.

...and also twins was a LOT easier to type than Emerson Cockscomb & Teme'y Mustapha.. Wink

GT

PS - Their teams are gonna be real hard to catch - most of their Tsiklitiria squad are starters in Lausanne and/or Paris and Rome.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, sorry for being dense. I realized just as I was starting to read the last post that Tsiklitiria is the correct name of the Athens meet. Embarassed Duh, you'd think it would have rung a bell... So yes, I agree with all of your points!

Quote:
Their teams are gonna be real hard to catch - most of their Tsiklitiria squad are starters in Lausanne and/or Paris and Rome.

That helps their cases, but note that they scored only 400-500 points the second meet, while the closest pursuers mounted a 1000-1300 point charge, effectively nullifying the 1600 point mountain from meet #1. Their hopes may be buoyed for a few more meets, but wait till the season gets into full swing... Neutral

Conway, things are indeed looking up for you. Thumbs Up

Sure would be nice to get Wilson Kipketer, Guevara, and Ayhan on the starting line soon... The women's 400 is being contested for the first time this fantasy season tomorrow, and Guevara isn't even entered. Sad Now if I could just figure out why they have an A section and two B sections of the women's 100 in Lausanne...

Dan
Pavvka
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:

Sure would be nice to get Wilson Kipketer, Guevara, and Ayhan on the starting line soon... The women's 400 is being contested for the first time this fantasy season tomorrow, and Guevara isn't even entered. Sad

Guevara did state some time ago that she wasn't going to compete on the European circuit much before the World's. I think Zurich will be her only race before Paris... which is why I didn't choose her for my team, despite the VERY high expectations I have of her. Ayhan, on the other hand, was due to do all Golden League meets... I bet she announced that just so I would get screwed in this contest Rolling Eyes
VaultCam
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: I love this stuff Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was going to start trash talking about how good my team is (btw, great comp, I can't wait till each meet is over and I go nuts watching my athletes on TV) but then most of them didn't bother to turn up to Oslo and so I thought better of it.

I too am suffering from the "Where is Guevara?" curse though I do have about 5 athletes in Lausane and 8 (the most I can have as my other athletes' events are not on) in Paris. So I am looking to move onward and upward. Though I must admit that it was nice to be ahead of the guy who was running the comp after the first meet, pity it didn't stay that way.

And guys, I know my spelling is bad, but I am here to have fun.

Cam
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean there's someone behind me?!

8 seems to be the magic number for Paris...

Had I known Guevara wasn't planning on running much, I definitely would have reconsidered the pick. Mad I based the selection on her consistency through all the meets last year and early season form this year being even better. Very odd that she is choosing to skip so much of the season, given that she showed great stamina last year.

Dan
VaultCam
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
You mean there's someone behind me?!

Dan

Well, maybe not but you have to be nice to the guy whose house you are at.

And I would like to thank "Go you good thing" who is obviously cheering for my team by way of his / her name.

As for the Guevara issue, I think I should have stuck to actual golden league events rather then hope it would get run when gold bars are not up for grabs. Next year...

Cam
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to give thought to a new athlete/event valuation approach next year, such as cutting the purchase price in half for athletes in non-GL events. For anyone statistically minded (and bored), it might be interesting to see how such athletes would compare to those in GL events on a point/cost ratio basis.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: