Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
MoSlow

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRM
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
That 9.89 was also pretty early last year, so had he progressed throughout the season as normal, it conceivably could have been a sign of very good things to come.

It wasn't early -- it was at the Golden Gala (July 12th). That's pretty well mid-season (or later).

Are you thinking of the 9.88w (to Montgomery's 9.89w) at the US Champs (still not particularly ealry, though)?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was indeed thinking of the US Champs.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRM I've been watching this sport for over 35 years ... Half of that time I competed .. I've seen every major sprinter live and in person since Bob Hayes ... When I tell you waht I think a sprinter can do trust me ... Only two Olympics 100 champions I did NOT call in advance since 1964 were Bailey and Crawford ... I've gotten ALL of the WC champions correct (I knew Burrell coudl not beat his bud when it counted in 91) ...

Not saying just yet I am giving MO gold yet this year ... But he is no where near the end ... Seen him live already this year and folks are gonna be surprised before it is over ...

If you've watched the sport much you should notice that as an athlete gets older his next event up becomes better as his shorter race (speed one) gets slightly weaker ... Problem with too many athletes is that they abandon the longer race to focus on the shorter one ... Les elasticity and explosion needed in the deuce ... Wtih MO stillbeing a sub 9.90 sprinter it is not inconcieveable at all taht he could PR over 200 ... He's not yet 30 ... Lewis went back to the 200 in 93 as he was fading and went 19.99 ... Had he run it in 91 he would have gone 19.6ish easy ... And on Tokyo's track maybe 19.5 ... And I say that having been one of his biggest critics ...

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conway wrote:
JRM I've been watching this sport for over 35 years ... Half of that time I competed .. I've seen every major sprinter live and in person since Bob Hayes ... When I tell you waht I think a sprinter can do trust me ... Only two Olympics 100 champions I did NOT call in advance since 1964 were Bailey and Crawford ... I've gotten ALL of the WC champions correct (I knew Burrell coudl not beat his bud when it counted in 91) ...

Thats impressive, I certainly didn't know that...Don't you rank Hayes #1 even though you didn't see him run? If not, who is your pick, I know you've said before but I don't remember? Did you run the 100y or 100m ?If I saw all the sprinters since 1964 I probably wouldn't pick Hayes..Why do you?
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Hayes on TV .. Tokyo Olympics ... Footage of other races .. And I watched him play football growing up ... Hayes was simply awesome ... Period ... No other way to describe him ... Like a wild animal ... Just natural raw talent and speed ... I rank him and Mo as the best ever ... MO get the nod slightly only becasue he has had more championships opportunities and the opportunity to compete longer due to professionalism ...

There have been many impressive sprinters over teh years ... I feel fortunte to have grwon up when I did ... I think I have seen the cream of the crop in the sprint world ... AS well as some of the best distance runners ever ...

I ran yards and meters .... But mostly yards ... Nice dirt tracks mostly but a little on artificial surfaces ... Fond memories ..
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you could still do it........ Very Happy

Age group championships are waiting on you Conway. If the old fat man in south Georgia can pull off the marathon this fall then you can win medals again.

Looking forward to hear about you resuming training. Wink
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I am just under 210 ... And have an appointment with a nutritionist tomorrow as a matter of fact ... Running will begin at 200lbs (so as not to injur myself) ... But workin on it ... My kids finally found out I used to run and now they WANT me to try to run again ... How funny ... But is fun slowly trying to get back in shape ... And that is the fun of it ...
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be great Exclamation
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in time for the Fantasy season. Wink

Dan
- write-in, anyone?
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Dan that was only kinda funny ....
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, was the "fantasy" part the not so funny bit? Confused

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somepin like that ... Oh ye of little faith ... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMooooSSSlllOOOwww...be a has-been.A 10.11 ain'ts gonna make it...All yous so-called self-proclaimed experts on this forum don'ts know *%&!.I be saying all alongs he don't have it..Myabe you start believings me.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see ... Mo has run 9.94 this season ... Best time this year is 9.93 ... Mo has finished in the top 3 in each race he has run this year ... Only Tim has also done that ... EVERYONE else has finished out of the money several times ... Sounds to me as if Mo is still at the top of the heap and has a strong chance at making it FOUR World 100 titles in a row !!!! Is he cranking out 9.8's every meet ... NOPE ... But neither is anyone else ... Your immaturaty shows ....
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, some people just don't get it... No one will give a damn what you have to say until you grow up. As it stands, you rank right up (down?) there with the most cowardly, immature, illiterate, idiotic people I can name. I'd have deleted your post already, but Conway's reply would have made no sense without the context... Find something useful to add to the discussion or get lost, plain and simple. :t-:

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: