Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
High Altitude....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: High Altitude.... Reply with quote

Hey all. I am an aspiring miler.

I hear about this altitude training thing every now and then, and from what I understand it can make you better... or some people say not the case.

What I am wondering about is this: I am going to be moving to Fort Collins, CO this summer. The altitude is only 5000m so its not that bad, but will this limit my running performance? Should I plan on finding some low alitutude races to drive to? Will this altitude make me better?

I am unschooled on this topic and I am just wondering what you guys know about it.

~Jason
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the "live high train low" theory which is gaining popularity, conventional wisdom says training at altitude will make you stronger but will lessen your performances while at altitude, be it training or racing. Sort of like running with resistance. It will increase your strength, but you'll be slower as long as you've got the resistance in place.

Dan
baby t
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: ex Idahoan Reply with quote

I used to lieve in Idaho backpack and cross counrty ski there. How would this affect my cross country running :question: Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: