Back to Regular Page

Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Gazelle GPS for iPhone - limited free copies available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonSA
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Gazelle GPS for iPhone - limited free copies available Reply with quote

I'm a runner/cyclist that has tried a lot of iPhone GPS apps but I haven't found one that's easy to use while I'm running/riding - either the controls are awkward, I can't see or hear my stats while working out or the app is just plain buggy and inaccurate. I have a background in software, so I decided to develop one myself with a focus on quality and convenience - whether on an armband, belt or even tucked away in a pocket.

The app is called "Gazelle GPS". The entire screen is both the button and the display. Just tap or hold anywhere on the screen to start, pause, stop or trigger announcements. Alternatively, you can use the earbud remote to control it. Time, distance, pace and speed are all tracked. The stats are shown in large high-contrast numbers, taking up the entire display. It has customizable audio feedback and can be configured to announce your stats at regular intervals by distance or time. The audio feedback is integrated with any music you're listening to (iPod, Pandora, etc). Runs/rides can be exported to a number of services including MapMyRun/Ride, Garmin Training Center and many others. It also estimates your distance/speed/pace from previous data if the GPS signal is lost. The app is already available on the iPhone app store and initial feedback is positive:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gazelle-gps-cardiovascular/id407346340?mt=8

In an effort to get the word out, I'm giving away a limited number of free copies to people willing to try it out and give me and others their honest opinion. Just drop me an email at jon@subtractiveart.com. All interest is appreciated, but the number is limited so first come, first serve. Please let me know which forum you saw this in and what other forums you use.

Thanks,
Jon
JonSA
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick follow-up: Gazelle GPS won the About.com 2011 Reader's Choice Award for best iPhone running app. I'm still offering free copies to anyone who is willing to try it out and post/blog about it. If you're interested, send me an email at jon@subtractiveart.com. For anyone else, it's on sale today at the app store.

http://www.subtractiveart.com/Subtractive_Art/Blog/Entries/2011/3/15_Winner!.html
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: