FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Big toe... yay.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlewis73
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Big toe... yay. Reply with quote

I've been battling with a painful big toe for a number of months. Kind of comes and goes... but has come back lately since I've increased mileage.

I can manage the pain fairly well with massage. After longer runs I'll take a strong pain killer (just aspirin) or a shot of Jim Beam. Very Happy Very Happy

The pain is not really an impact thing like soccer players see on the balls of their feet. It is at the joint in the middle of the toe, and hurts in particular when I push the toe downward.

Can anyone suggest a way to remedy this condition, while not impacting my training? It would seem to me that I need either LOTS of cushioning in the forefoot OR that I should try to wrap/isolate the toe somehow so that it is somewhat removed from impact and flexion.

Thank you for any ideas,

Mike
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had that sort of thing before. It's basically a sprain/strain, and it gets aggravated whenever you push off. Try doing toe curling type exercises to strengthen things up, and ice down after every run to take care of any likely inflammation.

Dan
mlewis73
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I've had that sort of thing before. It's basically a sprain/strain, and it gets aggravated whenever you push off. Try doing toe curling type exercises to strengthen things up, and ice down after every run to take care of any likely inflammation.

Dan

Sounds good. Thank you for your advice... I'll post back how it works.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: