Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
edwin moses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hurdler_uk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: edwin moses Reply with quote

Does anyone have a details of his training programs during the winter and summer.

Cheers
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know any details on his training but (and keep up with me on this one) I had a former team mate whose JC coach trained with Edwin Moses and said that when he was at his best, Moses could have broken the the 800 meter world record when ever he felt like it.
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Edwin Moses would have been a great 800m runner.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The energy requirements and difficulty of the 400h and 800m are considered very similar, so I'm sure he could have done well. I always cringe when hearing of how easily an athlete could break the WR in another event, though. Of course, I thought MJ should have given the 800m a shot for that very reason back before '96 (when he bulked up for his assault on the 200m record)...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hurdelr_uk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: edwin moses Reply with quote

I had heard he would do a good 800 run as for breaking a WR im not sure. One piece of detail i did hear was he use to do loads of rep of 800's and 200's during the winter.
I've just spent 2 years running the 800 after injury over the hurdles and have now decided to return to the hurdles.

With the added strength i have gain for the 8's i'm looking forward to running 4's and hurdles again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: