Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
I found a link Dan missed !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:10 am    Post subject: I found a link Dan missed !!!!! Reply with quote

I was wandering around the NCAA web site and saw an add for a coaching position at the Universtiy of Texas Pan American. I thought I'd check out their web site. So I looked in the college links here trying to find the link to their site and couldn't find it. Turns out that UTPA is a truely independent NCAA institution, in other words they aren't a member of any conference. Which explains why either I couldn't find the link that Dan has set up and I missed or why Dan missed this one. Of coarse heck this is the first one I've had any trouble with and as hard as this is to believe I actually spend more time using Run-Down's links than I do on the disscusion boards
here's the link to UTPA

I guess this just proves Dan isn't some robot with a super computer for a brain linking all the running web sites on the planet to this one in order to controll all the worlds track and field information. But hey nobodies perfect Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!!!!!!! Embarassed

I don't know if I'm more shell shocked by you finding a link I don't have or by my non robot qualities being outed... Ah well, at least my CPU can be a learning neural net processor (an ode to T2), admit failure, and quietly add that most difficult of links to have discovered. Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On slower days I have spent a lot of time going through some links. There are some very interesting ones out there.
DG, it sounds like you would like to get out of the midwest, or are there rumors that Track and XC may be downsized where your at?? Sad

Paul
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I just like to keep my options open. I haven't heard any rumors about any programs dissapearing but the state legislature is cutting about $15 million from the UN system (3 campuses one D1 school & two D2's) and when you've got those kinds of cuts it makes everyone nervous. Confused

On the upside TODAY IS MY FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR. The first day of x-c practice!!!

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make 'em suffer! Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross Country starts this early ??? In the middle of the desert !!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Conway
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Nebraska so no desert just humidity. And actually the university I attended in NM started practice a week ago. I always make sure that the first week is a kick in the tail. That lets the athletes know what the program is all about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: