Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
I NEED SOME HELP PLZ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: I NEED SOME HELP PLZ Reply with quote

im young and i need some answers...im 13 and im one of the fastest runners in my city. i want to know if theirs anything i can do to increase my speed and what i have to do to just get better at sprinting. i want to get ready for highschool and i really want to be the best. someone plz help
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First question I always ask in response to questions such as yours is what have you done up till now? Your question can't be answered with any accuracy without knowing how fast you are (events and times), how you train currently, what your goals are, etc.

Dan

edited for typo

Last edited by Dan on Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rob.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i relly dont know...all i know is that im fast...at track meets i have been coming in first a few times for 100 and 200m...but i want to get faster...also i cant run for 5 mins without losing my breath...wut can i do about this
rob.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i dont train...i never have been,...i need to know wut to do and how to train
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know your times? Do you have a coach or someone giving you instruction?

Unless you plan on moving up in distance, you probably don't need to worry much at this stage about being short of breath with longer runs. As your sprint training progresses, you will naturally develop more endurance.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now i got no coach or nething...the coaches i got at school r dumbnuts and dont know anything....so until im in highschool shuld i just jog and sprint a few times a week or something to keep my speed and get better?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hesitant to offer any specific training suggestions, not having seen you and knowing you haven't trained previously (too easy to over-do it without being able to monitor your progress). Keeping active and adding some strength and speed work might be your best bet at this stage.

Do you start high school this coming year or the year after? Have you considered talking to the high school coaches and seeing if they can give you a general training schedule? I don't think there are any rules against that, and any coach worth running for would love to see that sort of motivation and interest.

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i start the year after.....yah i;ll try to talk to one of the coaches maybe...as for now u dont have any opinions wut to do?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've got ideas how to improve, but they'd have to be very general (and not super helpful as a result) without knowing more.

Dan
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would advise you to get in contact with your future high school track coach. Also you might try to locate a local track club. They usually are available to all ages and can at the very least point you in a direction as far as training.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be real hard to give you swpecific information without knowing more about you and your situation ... Times for different events would be a big help as that would give a better understanding of your general fitness and basic speed ... Somamny things that could be right or wrong with what you are already doing ... As simple as sprinting may seem, it is really very complicated ... And so is improving it ... Getting in touch with a coach that can physically see what you are doing is probably going ot be the best way for you to start ...

Conway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: